Kings Island Announces Kings Mills Antique Autos for 2019!

So, I did ride WindSeeker yesterday afternoon and (IMO), it looks like a decent-sized chunk of land for the Antique Cars (and it looks like they are saving some greenery too). Also, when riding, be sure to look at the land beyond that plot all the way to where the dorms are going to be built (I think?)… that's a huge chunk of land for something big.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They could still be trying to select a contractor, etc.  If it is like the old Antique cars, all they will have is a load station which is nothing more than a covered porch.  The old ones also had a bridge.  Beyond that, the actual track is nothing more than a concrete slab on grade.  Not much to any of the above buildings.  Keep in mind that we are about six months out from opening day in 2019.  Still lots of time to get stuff done. 

Now if they wait until the spring to start pouring stuff, we maybe talking about a May opening versus opening with the park.  I doubt that they will do that though.

• Like 3

^ I doubt it. There's still plenty of time to poor concrete before winter hits.

This is Cincinnati- nothing is guaranteed as the weather goes. We dropped 50 degrees in a week. They wait too long and they will be waiting for spring and opening in May. With a month of concrete cure time, someone has to be doing the math.

It’s not a purely simple project. The rail still has to be anchored to the concrete and they will need a garage and fueling area. Depending upon the fuel tank, above vs below ground, they are subject to all Ohio Fire Code/BUSTRs regulations. It’s not a coaster project, but it’s not something minor either.
  • Like 3

B341A003-1E61-4D22-991D-4FE428D57C2C.thumb.jpeg.5a407e88d7bf34dff0edc7f2fe2eefbd.jpeg
1Acre =43560Sq. feet, I vastly over estimated earlier in the post. It’s deinitely not 5 acres. In fact it looks like it’s a little more than an acre in size.

My guess is the track itself will be between 1300-2000’ in length. I used a 10’ wide track, even though that could be too wide.

With terrain, this shouldn’t be a big deal, since I doubt the ride will be flat.
  • Like 1

Cool temperatures make it hard to think about spring, but that’s exactly what construction crews at Kings Island are doing.  Yesterday, demolition in the Coney Mall section of the park was completed and construction of next season’s new attraction, Kings Mills Antique Autos, is ready to begin. Park guests can check out the progress themselves during the final two weekends of Halloween Haunt. 

For those who want to see the full plans of the Auto's, here is a PDF of everything!   https://kicentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/KMAA-Plans.pdf

More construction photos from the demo that Chad sent me. 

IMG_4350.JPEGIMG_4211.jpgIMG_4268.jpgIMG_4315.jpgIMG_4348.jpgIMG_4351.jpgIMG_4441.jpg

KMAA Plans.pdf

• Like 8