Apocalypse: The Last Stand Closing Permanently September 8

https://wtop.com/business-finance/2018/08/six-flags-america-is-closing-its-apocalypse-stand-up-roller-coaster/slide/1/

The first B&M to ever exist is closing yet again. Do you think it will receive the Floorless conversion (Mantis to Rougarou, Vortex to Patriot) or will it be scrapped or relocated? All they say is they're "planning a new thrill ride for next season" so at this point it could be anything.

On a side note, this news was made on National Roller Coaster Day (yesterday)... :unsure:

B&M is my preferred coaster manufacture, I've been on everyone in North America except for the ones in California (crosses fingers that changes before 2019) and La Ronde. I've been to La Ronde, but for some reason closing their best coaster down on a Sunday in the middle of August along with 3 other coaster, is acceptable. :rolleyes:

However, Iron Wolf/Apocalypse is the worst coaster I've ever ridden. Yes, it beats out other dishonorable mentions like SoB, Mean Streak, Vortex (Carowinds), any Togo, SLC or Boomerang. I only rode it once at SFGAm in 2010 and the head banging was so extreme. I hit the side of my face so hard that my jaw hurt for 3 days after that. When it was moved to Six Flags America, I gladly passed on ridding it on my 4 trips I made after the relocation. I'm not much of a water ride person, but all I could think was they removed Skull Mountain in favor of this garbage. I'm not even sure I would re-ride it even as a floorless coaster, getting that first ride nightmare out of my head isn't easy. Maybe a re-ride and a concussion would make me forget about it.

I can't imagine Six Flags would spend any sort of large investment on that park, so a floorless conversion makes the most sense to me. Most of the crowd seems to go to the Water Park and I've never experience more than a 10-15 minute wait in any line on the dry side of the park and that's including their less than stellar and mostly 1 train operations. I definitely don't dislike SFA by any means, I've had several enjoyable trips there over the last decade and I think their bad reputation isn't totally deserved. Coaster for Coaster, I'll take SFA over Six Flags St. Louis any day.

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

And Rougarou turned out so well.  

It might not be great overall but I do think it is a better experience than Mantis. Rougarou I just found pretty meh after the first couple elements but Mantis I found uncomfortable and couldn't wait to get off.