Jump to content

What Else Do You Want To Come Back?


SonofBaconator
 Share

Recommended Posts

Knowing we won't be able to get the same rides back even jsut ones that evoke the same spirit Id love to see. 

With KCKC, we could really use a larger flume somewhere in the park that goes through the treetops and offers a bigger thrill than RFYLCB. I like the flume we have but a bigger one would be great. Seems liek most are getting removed though so doesn't seem likely so I'm just glad we still have the one we do.

Would love to see the return of a good classic dark ride like Phantom Theatre too. Maybe put it elsewhere in the park and keep Boo Blasters a shooter but give it a Charlie Brown theme for Planet Snoopy. Then give a good story based dark ride with animatronics and effects over where Action Theatre was or something.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to see another major water ride added to the main park, especially since it's likely that we may one day lose Congo Falls. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a great attraction could be a "Nostalgia Theater".  It could be attached to a Festhaus type of food court, and be a dining room with a huge screen.  They could show POV's of old rides, (if they can be found) like the Screamin' Demon, King Cobra, Sky ride, Kenton Cove, Vortex, Firehawk....  They could possibly include footage from Coney Island in the 60's.  They could buy old footage from families from the top of the Eiffel Tower with before/after side by sides.... 

This park has an important history.  With Disney on both coasts having national draw, no one thought a large regional park could compete, and Kings Island basically started an industry!  If they are going to do a "cheap" upgrade year again sometime (like with the smokehouses), I think this would be an excellent idea.  (by the way, I think the smokehouse was AWESOME for a cheap upgrade!  Well played indeed!)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Demon. I know arrow is out of business and we have Invertigo, but think something more like lightning loops at sfgad. Make it dual with Invertigo and retheme it or maybe make a family boomerang to dual. Invertigo has horrible dispatches because of the 1 train so it would cut down on the lines with 2 shuttles 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

Kings Island Inn. I know it turned into a hell hole in the end, but it was great when the park first started. The bus pulled up right up to the front entrance. If KI would build their own hotel right on the park where you could walk right in like Breakers at CP, that would be great. 

And put it where SOB and safari used to be and enter in Area 72. 
could be themed to area 72

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see a lot of hate for this ride, but I would love to see Scooby Doo and The Haunted Mansion return. That ride was my childhood and is the reason I love Scooby Doo.

But, I know that's wishful thinking since they would need to get the rights back. I would also love to see some of the old Oktoberfest and Coney Mall rides return like Der Springing Keggers, Bayern Curve, Hailey's Comet, and Skylab. I  kind of want to see the Tumble Bug return too.    

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DiamondBeast said:

I see a lot of hate for this ride, but I would love to see Scooby Doo and The Haunted Mansion return. That ride was my childhood and is the reason I love Scooby Doo.

But, I know that's wishful thinking since they would need to get the rights back. I would also love to see some of the old Oktoberfest and Coney Mall rides return like Der Springing Keggers, Bayern Curve, Hailey's Comet, and Skylab. I  kind of want to see the Tumble Bug return too.    

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!!!!

And for those wanting for a return of the Kings Island Inn, just have them buy Great Wolf Lodge. Its quite literally next door and it can be used year round AND its already built.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
On 2/27/2020 at 9:30 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

If I could bring anything back to KI, I would try and get a Nickelodeon license and bring back Nickelodeon Universe! 

I think you'd be fairly disappointed, as they would be inclined to pull from the currently popular Nickelodeon IPs. I don't think kids today really know about Rocket Power, the Wild Thornberrys, Hey Arnold, or heaven forbid Jimmy Neutron.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2020 at 9:30 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

If I could bring anything back to KI, I would try and get a Nickelodeon license and bring back Nickelodeon Universe! 

 

24 minutes ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

I think you'd be fairly disappointed, as they would be inclined to pull from the currently popular Nickelodeon IPs. I don't think kids today really know about Rocket Power, the Wild Thornberrys, Hey Arnold, or heaven forbid Jimmy Neutron.

Even when it was in its last season of 2009 IPs like Wild Thornberries, Rugrats, and even ones like Jimmy Neutron were slowly being forgotten. I have little ones in my family who never seen Danny Phantom, Hey Arnold, Avatar, and other classic Nick shows. If the Nickelodeon license was renewed, we'd still have Spongebob and The Fairly Odd Parents but you'd also have a ton of modern shows that aren't super familiar

1564428472-RTMNT_top2.jpgthe-loud-house-family-cast-stars-characters-gallery-nickelodeon-brasil-nick-brazil_2.png12153609.jpgSanjay-and-Craig-post6.jpg

 

Whether you like them or not, the Peanuts are a timeless IP that is multigenerational. Most of the Nickelodeon shows we grew up with were products of their time much like how Yogi Bear and George Jetson were products of our parent's time.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

Good Lord, how did Raph get so swole?

Maybe he got more ooze?

I've seen these shows with my younger siblings and only a few of them were good. I rewatched some old Nick shows I grew up with to see if they held up and they did. The writing was significantly better. I feel like the studios don't take as much time to invest in writing and delivering a quality product opting for bright colors and loud noises.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SonofBaconator said:

Maybe he got more ooze?

I've seen these shows with my younger siblings and only a few of them were good. I rewatched some old Nick shows I grew up with to see if they held up and they did. The writing was significantly better. I feel like the studios don't take as much time to invest in writing and delivering a quality product opting for bright colors and loud noises.

Nick's biggest power player during their golden years was Klasky Csupo. The writing was on the wall for the station when they drifted away. I'll say, at least Nick has cartoons again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

Nick's biggest power player during their golden years was Klasky Csupo. The writing was on the wall for the station when they drifted away. I'll say, at least Nick has cartoons again.

Nick, Cartoon Network, and even Disney used to have quality shows. You could argue Disney still does. Cartoon Network just got super lazy in my opinion. They used to have great shows like Foster's Home, Ed Edd n Eddy, KND, Camp Lazlo, and so much more. Its really sad how sloppy things have gotten.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^I'd have to disagree on Cartoon Network.

Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Amazing World of Gumball are/were all pretty high-quality shows that dominated the cartoon scene of the 2010s. Regular Show and Amazing World of Gumball are two of my all time favorites, and Adventure Time, while not exactly my thing, was definitely well-made, and very popular, recognizable and significant. If we take those shows into account, I'd argue CN actually increased in quality from the 2000s.

That having said, discussions of whether cartoons/TV shows have declined over time is a challenging one considering how much nostalgia bias plays into it. In all honesty, I feel like the "cartoons aren't what they used to be" is bound to happen with every generation, as one sees the shows they watched as a kid slowly vanish from relevance and replaced with newer, unrecognizable, and seemingly "stupid" ones, that the younger generation are into. (Despite the fact that then they were younger, the the adults/older generation probably said the same thing about their favorite shows).

But at the same time, it really does seem like Nickelodeon has declined in quality even setting aside the nostalgia bias, which isn't surprising considering how they've been resting on/and are still resting on the laurels of Spongebob, as well as the laurels of Fairly Odd Parents as late as 2017.

Disney I cannot speak on, as I was never into their stuff now nor when I was younger...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BeastForever I think there were some good shows like what you mentioned. It just seems like the network as a whole has changed from when I remember it. For example all they do is air Teen Titans Go episodes non-stop. When I was younger we used to have cartoon Friday's where they would debut all the new cartoons on Friday night. It was something to look forward to as a kid and it was a great way to start the weekend. 

This was the Cartoon Network that I grew up with. They took the time to animate bumpers that made it look like the characters were alive and had their own world. They didn't have to do it but it just showed the effort they put into their products.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh yeah totally agreed, I remember those Friday specials as well. They were great. And yeah, they do need to tone down the Teen Titans Go playback nowadays. That's probably the worst show on the network, but is played seemingly the most.

For the record, I actually "grew up" with that same Cartoon Network as well (I'm 22). I'm just kinda weird in that I continued watching CN and cartoons in general through most of my teen (ie. 2010s) years. I'm familiar with and liked the shows you mentioned. To that list I would add Chowder, Misadventures of Flapjack, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

5 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

Nick's biggest power player during their golden years was Klasky Csupo. The writing was on the wall for the station when they drifted away. I'll say, at least Nick has cartoons again.

On that note, perhaps one the worst decisions they made with regards to one particular show would be passing on Adventure Time, only to have CN pick it up and it go on to be one of the most successful cartoons of the decade.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BeastForever said:

Oh yeah totally agreed, I remember those Friday specials as well. They were great. And yeah, they do need to tone down the Teen Titans Go playback nowadays. That's probably the worst show on the network, but is played seemingly the most.

For the record, I actually "grew up" with that same Cartoon Network as well (I'm 22). I'm just kinda weird in that I continued watching CN and cartoons in general through most of my teen (ie. 2010s) years. I'm familiar with and liked the shows you mentioned. To that list I would add Chowder, Misadventures of Flapjack, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

On that note, perhaps one the worst decisions they made with regards to one particular show would be passing on Adventure Time, only to have CN pick it up and it go on to be one of the most successful cartoons of the decade.

Even better is the fact that they cast it aside for Fanboy and Chum Chum. God, I bet Cartoon Network executives were laughing for months.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

Even better is the fact that they cast it aside for Fanboy and Chum Chum. God, I bet Cartoon Network executives were laughing for months.

To be fair, I never saw Adventure Time as a Nickelodeon show. If it was, it wouldn't be the same in my opinion. Adventure Time appealed to a demographic that I don't think Nickelodeon was trying to target. I think it fit better in with Cartoon Network to be honest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...