Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sixohdieselrage

Kings Mills Antique Autos Path Discussion

Recommended Posts

If they really want it to be like the old version, it should have a bridge, water features, and a couple of clover leaf turns. Hopefully there will be lots of new landscaping. Since the space is pretty large I expect there will be plenty of curves and drive-bys of other cars on the track. Wouldn’t it be cool if there was a drive through a French village and perhaps past a water falls? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, upstop said:

If they really want it to be like the old version, it should have a bridge, water features, and a couple of clover leaf turns. 

They did say it will have a bridge and water features.

10 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'd love to see "advertisements" while you drive along like little easter eggs and such.

I like that idea, and would definently be cool with teasers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, looking at Valleyfair’s Route 76 car ride they added in 2014, it’s 1,500 ft long, our Antique Cars are 1,320 ft long, so a little bit shorter but not much,  and from pictures online plus Google Earth it looks like theirs is very nicely landscaped, and they have a fountain, we’re going to have all that and a bridge!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

Okay, looking at Valleyfair’s Route 76 car ride they added in 2014, it’s 1,500 ft long, our Antique Cars are 1,320 ft long, so a little bit shorter but not much,  and from pictures online plus Google Earth it looks like theirs is very nicely landscaped, and they have a fountain, we’re going to have all that and a bridge!  

I looked at Route 76 at Valleyfair as well and they indeed have some very mature oak trees on that course so it appears as if they worked the track around some of the existing tree canopy. If KI plans it well and doesn't take out too many of the mature trees on that plot of land, we could possibly have the same results. I agree that if they are going to pull out all the stops on this, they should have all the essentials of the original two courses (Ohio Overland Auto Livery & Les Taxis) combined into one with water features a covered bridge (over/under) as well as the old signage along the way from back in the day but updated. 

Interesting note...TIL, Arrow Development was the original manufacturer for both antique card rides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if... they tie it into Mystic Timbers theme? Just a casual drive through an old timber town in the 20s or something. There are a bunch of little easter eggs planted around of things being a bit off. Nothing standout-ish that just jump in your face and ruin the nice tranquil feel of cruising at the blistering speed of 1.5mph through an old village or anything. Maybe a sign here or there about people hearing sounds at night, maybe some trees are shaped a bit funny and are overgrowing a shed...

 

What if The Beast isn't an animal, and The Woods surrounding the park is The Beast. There is one master tree (Mystic Timber) that has been fueling it? All because some alien tech got lost in the woods a long time ago, and they tried to come back to find it later and got caught, and we built a big warehouse around it. Heck we could tie in like five different things to this one storyline!

 

*EDIT* Wait a second, we can go deeper! Add Adventure Express into the mix! I'm bored, story time!

2500BC while helping the Egyptians construct the pyramids, one alien ship has a disaster mid-flight and crash lands in what would later be named Kings Mill Ohio. The shuttle lays dormant for millennia and is eventually overgrown by the deep forest known to cover this land.

Around 1200, nearly 4000 years later the natives of the region decided to start investigating the area instead of avoiding the deep forest. They find one massive tree that seems to exude some mystical power. They build a temple around it and begin to worship the tree and the surrounding forest. After a few centuries the tree actually starts to learn and recognize it's power over these people. However some of the natives begin to worry that the tree may be evil and attempt a coup to cut down the tree. Disaster follows and the entire population is destroyed, knowledge of the tree and the temple fades as the community kept their tree very secret.

People start populating the area centuries later in 1700. Due to the oddly dense forest they start a lumber mill, which is so successful that they name it Kings Mill. The wood is stronger than normal and there are lots of them, making them rich as kings.

Later, deeper in the forest one truly monstrous tree is found hidden surrounded by an ancient and unknown of temple. An expedition is set up and outposts are constructed to supply what may turn out to be the adventure of a lifetime.

As cars become more prevalent in the area roads are constructed, and the mill begins to buy up multitudes of cars for the business to increase transportation of the lumber.

The lumber mill flourishes, and with the help of the all motorized vehicles transportation costs drop. The mill start delving deeper and deeper into the forest cutting down more and more tree. Eventually, some time in the last 70s disaster strikes the mill. A massive crash is heard from an unknown source, due to all the panic and general bewilderment of the town an evacuation of the mill and surrounding area is called. Some people mysteriously get turned around trying to leave and find themselves almost magically herded towards one of the older sheds in town. They are never seen again.

Another distress signal later that week arrives from one of the outposts for one of the thought to be abandoned expedition outposts. Only one is ever received, after later investigation Outpost 5, and the reported monstrously big tree have vanished.

Little activity comes from the area in the forest any more, but on occasion visitors to Kings Mill can still hear sounds from the forest. Nobody knows what makes them, but everyone refers to it as "The Beast"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2018 at 11:16 PM, KingsMills79 said:

I looked at Route 76 at Valleyfair as well and they indeed have some very mature oak trees on that course so it appears as if they worked the track around some of the existing tree canopy. If KI plans it well and doesn't take out too many of the mature trees on that plot of land, we could possibly have the same results. I agree that if they are going to pull out all the stops on this, they should have all the essentials of the original two courses (Ohio Overland Auto Livery & Les Taxis) combined into one with water features a covered bridge (over/under) as well as the old signage along the way from back in the day but updated. 

Interesting note...TIL, Arrow Development was the original manufacturer for both antique card rides.


Any idea which one was Rivertown and which was Coney Mall? Also, didn't one close a few years before the other?

Edit: followup question, did the OG ride have different style cars on each track?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:


Any idea which one was Rivertown and which was Coney Mall? Also, didn't one close a few years before the other?

Edit: followup question, did the OG ride have different style cars on each track?

Cars were all the same style, two seat in front, two seats pointed back in back, one pedal and the four post roof. Different colors is all I recall. There might have been minor embellishing differences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Route 76 at ValleyFair is a nice setup, goes under and around one of their big coasters (I believe its called wild thing, but its been a while), however it doesn't come close to matching what KI had with its two antiques when I was a kid.  Sadly, I suspect those days are long gone as that ride(s) took up a ton of real estate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon Bombay said:


Any idea which one was Rivertown and which was Coney Mall? Also, didn't one close a few years before the other?

Edit: followup question, did the OG ride have different style cars on each track?

The Rivertown side was called the Ohio Overland Auto Livery and the Coney Mall side was Les Taxis. The Auto Livery closed in 1997 or 1998 (I have heard differing dates). I am not sure why one side closed several years before the other side. There was no announcement or article that ran in any area newspapers when it closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...