First KI Trip of the Season (8/19/18)

LongLiveTheSmurfRide

This will be relatively short, because it was a very short trip. 

My wife and I didn't get passes this year and were planning on getting them for 2019 and just using the normal 1-free-2018-ticket promotion. When they announced we'd be getting the rest of 2018 with a new pass we were over the moon.

I had to work until 6PM and the park closed at 8PM and it typically takes us 40 minutes to drive there, but we had nothing else to do so we took off to get our passes processed and spend an hour in the park for the first time in 2018. We lost about 20 minutes wading through Tennis traffic but eventually got to a pretty full looking parking lot. But since there was just an hour to go we were able to find a pretty close spot.

Processing our passes was a breeze and took maybe 5 minutes (Our friends who were there in the afternoon said it was a mad house). We got in and went to meet our friends at the train station as they were coming back from Soak City. Once we got there we saw that Mystic Timbers had been down but had just started test cycling. When the line opened a couple minutes later, we got in and walked right in. So, first KI ride of 2018 was Mystic Timbers. Then when we got off, we met our friends who had just gotten off the train and got back in line for MT and waited about 5 minutes for our 2nd ride of 2018.

Then we talked for a bit and walked and took a ride on the carousel and then on the scrambler and at that point the park was closed. So, only 4 rides, but a fun little hour.

I'm sure this has all been discussed over the season, but a few observations (and a couple questions):
- TMI, but I like the urinal dividers in the men's restroom at the front of the park. Was always a bit uncomfortable being shoulder to shoulder with people in there.
- Super glad that the instrumental orchestral and soundtrack music is still being played on I-Street. Love that. 
- Disappointed that the music was just being piped in on the Carousel. Has that been happening all season, or on/off like last year?
- Heard a rumor that there were some new scenes in the Shed for MT, but only saw the ol' snake and bat. Are these just fake news?
- New BBQ joint looks very nice in Coney Mall. 

That's it. We'll be going back at least one more time before the transition to Haunt to get a better tour around the park. 

4 hours ago, LongLiveTheSmurfRide said:

Heard a rumor that there were some new scenes in the Shed for MT, but only saw the ol' snake and bat. Are these just fake news?

Just the same three: the snake, The Bat, and the (rare) tree.

EDIT: The auto-capitalization filter strikes again! :P

• Like 2

• 1 month later...