Best day to go to the park 8/25 or 9/03?

Kittyky

My family and I like about 5 hours away so we try to visit Kong’s island 2-3 times a year. I was wondering if some of you that visit the park often could give me advice on if you think this Saturday (8/25) or Monday after next (9/03) would be a better time to go? I know they will both be pretty crowded with th first being a Saturday and the second option being Labor Day, but unfortunately these dates are the only days we can make work. Thank you all so much for your advice!!!

My family and I like about 5 hours away so we try to visit Kong’s island 2-3 times a year. I was wondering if some of you that visit the park often could give me advice on if you think this Saturday (8/25) or Monday after next (9/03) would be a better time to go? I know they will both be pretty crowded with th first being a Saturday and the second option being Labor Day, but unfortunately these dates are the only days we can make work. Thank you all so much for your advice!!!

As you said, they will both be crowded.
The 25th is also still the bring a friend promotion, so on one hand that might be busier....
Often Sundays can get less busy after dinner... You might find that to be the case on labor day as people leave the park early to drive home fir with the next day.

Personally, if your main objective is crowd avoidance, then I'd wait to see the weather. If the current forecast holds for Saturday and it's 83 and partly cloudy, then I'd wait until 9/3. If however there is rain forecasted Saturday, then I'd come then to get shorter lines almost guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following the weather is always a great plan. "Bad" forecast = less crowded. However, I'll be there this Saturday and Sunday with my family. And we're expecting it to be relatively crowded. I think Labor Day is a good option. So many people make other plans for the actual holiday. Like us. Saturday and Sunday 9/1 and 9/2 will be busy. Then most folks will take Monday 9/3 as a relaxation day rather than driving/waiting in lines at the park. Just my 2-cents.

Thank you all so much for your replies! It would actually be Monday on Labor Day that we would be there. I was concerned with it being more crowded with it being the last day the park is open for the season, or well for a few weeks anyway. I think I will take your advice and see about the weather this Saturday and go from there. With everything going on this weekend it does seem like it may be more crowded! Thanks again!!

8/25 is also GE day at the park. GE has a large presence in the area with GE aviation so they will have lots of people in the park for this group. To avoid large crowds, 9/3 is gonna be your best day to visit the park. 9/3 also has dollar days which special food, drinks and other specials are only $1. Only downside is that the park is open 10AM - 8PM.

Thank you so much! We are taking our 8 year old and she still won’t ride anything that goes upside down so we won’t really be riding most of the more popular rides anyway. I just don’t want to go on a day that it’s so crowded every ride has a long wait. I think we will stick with 9/3 like you all have advised. Thanks again!

9 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

My best advice is just show up to the park and don't worry about the crowds and have fun.  Some days this year I have went expecting it to packed and the park wasn't too bad at all and other days just the opposite.  YOu never know what to expect when it comes to predicting crowds.

True story. We thought about going 4th of July, but then backed out fearing it would be packed. The webcams showed us the park was dead---I mean dead---4th of July. And the weather was fine. Shocker. It's on my calendar for next year---we're going 4th of July.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

True story. We thought about going 4th of July, but then backed out fearing it would be packed. The webcams showed us the park was dead---I mean dead---4th of July. And the weather was fine. Shocker. It's on my calendar for next year---we're going 4th of July.

It was super hot. I think that’s what kept people away until later when it got cooler and fireworks happened. 

12 minutes ago, brent said:

It was super hot. I think that’s what kept people away until later when it got cooler and fireworks happened. 

Perhaps. I can't count on fingers or toes how many busy sweltering hot days I've been at the park. The 4th was dead. For reasons I couldn't quite wrap my head around. It wasn't an especially hot day, this 4th.

18 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

Perhaps. I can't count on fingers or toes how many busy sweltering hot days I've been at the park. The 4th was dead. For reasons I couldn't quite wrap my head around. It wasn't an especially hot day, this 4th.

It got more crowded as night approached.  Drop Tower was 40 minute wait around 8 to give you an idea...and the view from top showed the toll booth slammed and long lines coming in for fireworks.  I was shocked how many appeared to be coming just for the fireworks.

• Like 1

I've found that holidays (which for KI's purposes includes opening day) can be either absolutely slammed or absolutely dead, with very little in-between. Essentially, the effect of weather on crowd levels is massively magnified on those days. Weather that might be the difference between a 20-minute wait or a 45-minute wait on a normal day can be the difference between a 5-minute wait or a 90-minute wait on holidays.