FORBIDDEN FRONTIER on Adventure Island - Cedar Point 2019

Video clip

https://www.cedarpoint.com/explore/forbidden-frontier-on-adventure-island

Grab your map and prepare for a minute-by-minute real-life adventure, where you and others are challenged, questioned and pushed to the limits in both brain and brute power. Be immersed in interactive encounters with the island inhabitants, push yourself with physically active challenges that test your resourcefulness and fortitude! It's your job to discover and uncover all that you can; to solve the mystery surrounding the Forbidden Frontier, and return to tell the tale. Every ending is different and determined by you and the secrets you unlock!

The secrets of the Forbidden Frontier will be revealed as we unlock the adventure map, so come back to this page for updates and new surprises. The Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island opens Summer, 2019.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAHill said:

I think it's very likely that this will be a slightly re-skinned Ghost Town Alive from Knott's.

https://www.knotts.com/explore/ghost-town-alive

There's certainly a pre-existing Frontiertown lore with multiple characters to work with.

However something like that is very human resource intensive.   CP has even more staffing struggles than KI.

• Like 1

If this is anything like Kings Island escape room during Haunt (for the skeleton key rooms) in the Kings Island Theater, this may be a big disappointment- not only is this type of attraction labor intensive, but also very low capacity as Haunt as shown. Not to mention if you find yourself in a group that just wants to look around and not help out with any of the clues of how to escape.  When the lines got long, they hurried you through which lessened the overall experience.  Thanks goodness that Steel Vengence may still draw in next years attendence at Cedar Point and attract new season pass holders.

58 minutes ago, Oldiesmann said:

Fox 8 Cleveland says that it will be included with park admission, but I have no idea where they got that info. https://fox8.com/2018/08/21/cedar-point-announces-forbidden-frontier-on-adventure-island-coming-next-summer/

If that's true, then I'm leaning much more towards @JAHill's idea... which I'm also excited for, because I really, really like the idea of Ghost Town Alive.

In a world where the international part of International Street was still important, I'd love to see something similar there celebrating different cultures and perhaps culminating in some kind of celebration or parade. Doubt we'll see anything like GTA come our way, though--I don't mean this negatively, but I don't think any part of KI has enough themed infrastructure to wrap a story around it at this point.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2018 at 2:54 PM, CoastersRZ said:

I too think that this sounds like an escape room challenge.  If that ends up being the case, I would most certainly look for it to be an upcharge, both due to the needed resources, and the likely lower capacity.

I shutter at the ones who have to deal with what happens if it’s an up charge.

”You mean this is all they’re getting AND it costs more??” 

There was a similar reaction when they added DA, and I don’t think that was all they added that year. 

I’m not saying you’re wrong. I just think it would be a bad move to continuously tease something if it ends up being an upcharge. 

They get enough unfounded backlash every time it’s not a new coaster.

• Like 5

Saw the video on Twitter Monday and I’m thinking (hoping!) it will be in the same vein as Cosi’s Adventure was. If anything, I’m just glad Millennium Island is being used again; it was a great setting for Dinos and I loved seeing Millennium Force’s track just sprawled out all around the place! B) #thefutureisridingonit

• Like 2

On 8/21/2018 at 11:40 AM, Fye Coasters said:

Getting a new coaster possibly??

No, it is not. And thank goodness for that. 

In the future though sadly.

Now as for it being similar to GTA, it is too soon to really know. GTA is not a escape room attraction, rather it is almost a league of its own, whereas this one has a escape room vibe, but guess we'll see. I could see Cedar Point trying to adopt similar to it. Definitely gonna follow this. If it is just as family friendly, I'm all for it as GTA's largest fanbase is actually children. Some teenagers partake, but they always seem more interested in trying to flirt with the Doctor. XD Cedar Point has done away with a lot of family friendly attractions and something like GTA and more tame rides be helpful at this point. Can't fix everything with coasters.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JubJester said:

You are in the extremely small minority.

That minority is probably larger than you think.   Personally I am fine with CP’s heavy lean towards the big thrills, but many others want it to be more well rounded with more family attractions.  I get it but also believe without the big coaster emphasis it would get lost in the sea of all the others. Why go the expense of traveling to CP if it is just like all the other parks? You can’t be everything to everybody and if I still had sub 48” kids or my youngest was still scared of coasters we probably wouldn't visit as/very often.  

The loss of Paddle Wheel and the failure of STR are two holes I am confounded CP hasn’t corrected yet.  Maybe this will be it.   

CP doesn’t necessarily need more coasters but replacing a couple of the worst ones with something comparable but more enjoyable would help.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

And then you have families that are Coaster Fans.

Which a lot are not. You have families with elderly, and/or disabled that aren't able to enjoy the coasters or even moderately thrilling rides that are usually left on the sidelines to watch. That is where rides like the boats, ferris wheels, tiques, trains, and a good entertainment lineup come in handy. My immediate family are a perfect example...non verbal autistic brother and a permanently disabled father with heart problems. TRUE family rides (I saw you mentioned STR and others constantly bring up Mystic Timbers) are able to accommodate everyone. From newborn (tho I know they dont get much of anything out of anything in terms of enjoyment), and elderly. What saddens me there was a time where I could consider CP as the family friendly alternative to KI, now its almost the opposite the rate they've been going.

Maybe it is because of how I was raised, my grandparents raised me, and we were at CP constantly. My definition of family rides is different and that is no coaster can be considered a family ride. *shrug*

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JubJester said:

@King Ding Dong I know it's a decent amount of people. I just find it hard to believe someone or a family who would be dissapointed by a coaster sometime in the future at an amusement park.

The other thing I find interesting about this frequent criticism of CP is that at least in my view it still beats KI in the “family attraction” category.  Skyride, 2 antique cars, Ferris Wheel, more flats, more live entertainment, the beach, a true lazy river.  

• Like 3