Haunt Expectations

TheBeast54

30 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Because they don't want to pay to staff it.

Haunt has gone downhill every year, and I expect the trend to continue, unfortunately.

Also the Skeleton key rooms weren't that good really. I just bought It for the Fast Lane. 

And Haunt has been going downhill. It's a shame really... I love Haunt and I'd work there if I lived closer. 

I'm sorry but I really disagree, I absolutely love Haunt and was blown away last year. I had thought Halloweekends at CP would surpass KI, but I feel ki blows them away. I personally am glad they took the skeleton key rooms out. We have a very limited budget and never could afford fright lane and seeing people get to see different things than I could just because they have more money just really bothered me. I know I'm the minority on this topic but it always just made me feel like I was missing out.

• Like 4

I would kill for a Haunt show a cut above the rest.  The clip of Haunted Homecoming posted on here from another park, really left me unimpressed.  Change for the sake of change isn't always good.  I'm hoping it will be different, or even just better music than the other park.  If not just bring back Hot Blooded.  I so wish, and exptressed to the park to bring back an Ed Alonso level show.  It was great.  I want a show like that or  the former Elvira show @ Knotts, Midnight Syndicate, ect.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cfred said:

I would kill for a Haunt show a cut above the rest.  The clip of Haunted Homecoming posted on here from another park, really left me unimpressed.  Change for the sake of change isn't always good.  I'm hoping it will be different, or even just better music than the other park.  If not just bring back Hot Blooded.  I so wish, and exptressed to the park to bring back an Ed Alonso level show.  It was great.  I want a show like that or  the former Elvira show @ Knotts, Midnight Syndicate, ect.

Word is that ours will be edgier. I do not know what that means. Hopefully you’re right and it’s pretty much nothing like that clip. 

The last two shows (sans Skeleton Crew) were produced in house. Both were a different take and told a story. 

This is a cookie cutter corporate show.

Everyone say it with me:

Budget Cuts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be honest if I wanna do a haunt I'm going to the best haunt in the state (haunted hoochie). Ya I might do some at KI but I'm not gonna wait more than 30 mins on a maze. I love halloween, I have built a haunted house in hocking hills for the last 3 years. I just don't really care for it at KI, I would rather have the regular park cause I love the beauty and atmosphere of the park. Haunt kills it, but it is nice to have something different.

12 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I agree that haunt has been declining, I think its the competition from area attractions like USS Nightmare, Land of Illusion, and Dent School House. 

I am not following you here.  Hasn’t Haunt just been getting busier each year?  Or are you talking referring to a dwindling talent pool available to KI becuase of the competition?

I think something that needs to change is the gap between rides and haunted houses. I remember when the train, antique cars, and the late Phantom Theater were all haunted attractions. 

I wouldn't mind if they sacrificed their weakest haunt maze to bring these back and have scare-actors throughout the rides. Heck I wouldn't mind if they changed the shed to have haunt jump-scares.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I think something that needs to change is the gap between rides and haunted houses. I remember when the train, antique cars, and the late Phantom Theater were all haunted attractions. 

I wouldn't mind if they sacrificed their weakest haunt maze to bring these back and have scare-actors throughout the rides. Heck I wouldn't mind if they changed the shed to have haunt jump-scares.

The problem with doing things like this on rides is the safety factor.  It would be very difficult to have scareactors in the shed and still maintain ride safety.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

The problem with doing things like this on rides is the safety factor.  It would be very difficult to have scareactors in the shed and still maintain ride safety.

The train had actors at one point, and it goes faster (if memory serves me rivht)  than the cars through the shed. So I fail to see your point. Enlighten me please...

^ The actors also didn't interact with the train until it stopped moving and had quite a bit more space to stay back from it until it stopped.

A more accurate comparison would be Boo Blasters, which had Haunt actors for a few seasons. The actors also wore harnesses that kept them from getting too close the cars. Even then, many of them had more room to move than what's available in the shed.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I imagine all it would take to theme the shed out nicely is have a some fake blood dripping down on the riders.  :P

Yes! That would be very cool. Even if it's just water. 

I always think they should put projectors throughout the shed showing shadows moving across the wall. I also wish it was darker in the shed.

2 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

The train had actors at one point, and it goes faster (if memory serves me rivht)  than the cars through the shed. So I fail to see your point. Enlighten me please...

Rides have lock out areas, that employees, guests, etc are not supposed to be in.  I am not familiar with Mystic Timbers, but I would assume that the Shed is one of these areas.

I'm not sure what the rules on Route 666 were when it was open, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it return with Tiques next year.

• Like 2

The train attraction sounded really interesting to me. Unfortunately, I never got to experience it. I like Land of Illusion, but Halloween Haunt draws me in for two reason: I already have a Gold Pass with Kings Island, so it's convenient, and Kings Island has thrill rides, which I can intermix with mazes. 

• Like 1