Haunt Expectations

TheBeast54

On 9/4/2018 at 10:14 PM, cfred said:

I would kill for a Haunt show a cut above the rest.  The clip of Haunted Homecoming posted on here from another park, really left me unimpressed.  Change for the sake of change isn't always good.  I'm hoping it will be different, or even just better music than the other park.  If not just bring back Hot Blooded.  I so wish, and exptressed to the park to bring back an Ed Alonso level show.  It was great.  I want a show like that or  the former Elvira show @ Knotts, Midnight Syndicate, ect.

Did someone say "Elvira show"? Wait...just watched some youtube videos. Whoa. Oh my...that's fantastic! We definitely need some "Mistress of the Dark" at Kings Island! My dad will certainly pay to attend as well...

• Like 1

I also love that it's a combination of mazes and rides. Some of the best rides are during haunt due obviously to the darkness. I'm happy that I have a season pass and can go every night of haunt if I wanted to. The houses are ok, not really that scary except maybe blackout but they are still fun. I really love all the fog the park uses, just really goes so well with the entire atmosphere.

15 hours ago, bjcolglazier said:

Did someone say "Elvira show"? Wait...just watched some youtube videos. Whoa. Oh my...that's fantastic! We definitely need some "Mistress of the Dark" at Kings Island! My dad will certainly pay to attend as well...

As long as it isn't Elvira's Superstition.... or Dracula's Haunted Castle *shivers*.

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I wonder if the park will receive more haunt talent with the addition of employee dorms.

Possibly, but I don’t think that kicks in until next year.  I don’t know if they plan on bring in internationals like CP but they don’t stick around past weekly operations anyway I don’t beleive.  It could help draw workers from towns to far away to commute each day such as Cbus.  

I still see a big problem in that the the work is seasonal and wages and benefits are not any higher than most other entry service industry jobs.  

CP was struggling this past weekend in food service and they still had at least some internationals. 

2 hours ago, Bansheelover said:

My expectations is that the large crowds will be handled appropriately, and that each group receives time to enjoy the maze instead of being pushed through like cattle to slaughter. 

This is a joke, right?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Possibly, but I don’t think that kicks in until next year.  I don’t know if they plan on bring in internationals like CP but they don’t stick around past weekly operations anyway I don’t beleive.  It could help draw workers from towns to far away to commute each day such as Cbus.  

I still see a big problem in that the the work is seasonal and wages and benefits are not any higher than most other entry service industry jobs.  

CP was struggling this past weekend in food service and they still had at least some internationals. 

This is a joke, right?

The International workers are still in town.  I saw many of them boarding shuttles at the Super 8 on Kings Mills last Friday and I've seen them walking around during lunch breaks, so I'm thinking some have stayed for the fall.

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

This is a joke, right?

No, last few years have been a disgrace. I would never pay exclusively for Haunt. The original post asked what my expectations were,and I have high expectations for my experience. Kings Island should want their guest to have a great experience, and I believe this will go a long ways in helping that. 

23 minutes ago, Humblememes said:

Maybe something's wrong on my part, but Backwoods Bayou and Freak Street are now off the website. I hope this doesn't mean even more stuff getting removed...

Your right but Saturday they had they had tower gardens closed so I don’t know what’s going on 

On 9/4/2018 at 9:23 PM, harmony29 said:

I'm sorry but I really disagree, I absolutely love Haunt and was blown away last year. I had thought Halloweekends at CP would surpass KI, but I feel ki blows them away. I personally am glad they took the skeleton key rooms out. We have a very limited budget and never could afford fright lane and seeing people get to see different things than I could just because they have more money just really bothered me. I know I'm the minority on this topic but it always just made me feel like I was missing out.

So if you can't have it you would prefer no one had it?  Also, I respect your opinion but disagree with it.  To me the last few years have all been duds. There is 0 intensity and far too few actors.  Having been to some of the bigger haunts in Ohio KI's haunt seems very pedestrian to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SOBwasaSOB said:

So if you can't have it you would prefer no one had it?  Also, I respect your opinion but disagree with it.  To me the last few years have all been duds. There is 0 intensity and far to few actors.  Having been to some of the bigger haunts in Ohio KI's haunt seems very pedestrian to me.

And yes I disagree, just like I disagree with Fast Lane, but that's my opinion and if you struggle day after day you might think differently. My situation will never change because I'm disabled due to an idiot on his cell phone hitting me. So yeah maybe if I had money I would think differently. My season pass is literally the only money spent on entertainment. I have been to Busch Gardens Tampa Howl O Scream 3 years ago (and no I didn't pay, my friend did) and quite honestly theirs was right in line with KI. The park I had the greatest expectations for was CP and theirs is no comparison to KI.

11 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

Sorry this has probably already been asked.. Is Planet Snoopy open during haunt? I have never been with a little one during Haunt so have never payed attention

Nope- the area is sometimes partially open for some haunts, but all Planet Snoopy rides are closed down, save for Boo Blasters on Boo Hill which is technically I-Street. On Saturdays when the park opens at 11AM, Planet Snoopy will be open but it closes around the time Haunt begins.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HandsUp said:

Quick question-What is the consensus on the lower age for the Haunt itself (not the kids stuff during the day)? It has been years since I've gone at night and it didn't seem incredibly scary, but my 6 year old seems like he can handle more than the day time stuff, but not sure.

Our 9 year old son has been going to Haunt since he was 6.  He started doing Haunts last year (8).  He loves it and has never been scared.  He loves Five Nights at Freddy's and likes to watch movies like The Ring, The Grudge, Poltergeist, World War Z...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HandsUp said:

Quick question-What is the consensus on the lower age for the Haunt itself (not the kids stuff during the day)? It has been years since I've gone at night and it didn't seem incredibly scary, but my 6 year old seems like he can handle more than the day time stuff, but not sure.

It's a case by case basis.  They recommend 13, but it's up to you to decide what is appropriate for your child.

• Like 2

Honestly the only expectation is our 10yo have fun. She's asked for 3-4 years now to attend haunt, but we've waited until now. Previous Halloweens have been spent at the local extreme haunts and she's had fun so we've agreed to come opening weekend for her birthday. Staying at Great Wolf and have passes so really not spending extra to go to Haunt. She was asking if there are "air bags" and sliders because they are apparently cool even though she hasn't gotten to see either yet.