Haunt Expectations

TheBeast54

On 10/6/2018 at 12:34 PM, retrofan1980 said:

here are my top worst haunt actuation number 1 black-out i hated it i went though it lastnight didn't like it not scary enough kill mart not scary enough its boring madame fatales dumb. but also here are my best haunt actuation i love chaos urgent scare    slaughter house pumpkin eater backwoods bayou i think Kings Island can do better on the inside haunt actuation's

I don’t know if I’d go as far as saying Pumpkin Eater is scary but visually it’s nothing short of incredible.

• Like 2

Ok so we hit up the haunt last weekend...... Im not sure if we just hit a bum weekend but i was sooooo disappointed. The Scare Zones barely had any scare actors, the couple times i seen more than one scare actor they were huddled together just talking. The removal of the skeleton key was also upsetting. Not only for the extras that came with it but even more so because i loved having the keepsake with the year and everything on it. Even the fright lane pass was done cheap.... no lamination or anything. I also noticed that the haunted houses/mazes lack scare actors pretty bad. With that being said I did enjoy the new Chaos house it was a fun edition.. and the Pumpkin eater scare zone, while lacking scare actors, was a great place.to walk through due to decorations. 

I really didnt know what to think about all of it. Im hoping that the reason there was such a lack of scare actors and cutbacks (skeleton key and such) is because.Kings Island is saving every penny it can for something BIG.

Has the haunt been this disappointing all year?

I forgot to post that last Friday when I went they're seemed to be more scareactors out and about this year. There seemed to be a ton in Rivertown.

Went through Urgent Scare for the first time this year, and seemed to have more people in it compared to last year. There was five people in just the first two rooms.

11 hours ago, Cmhornblessed said:

Heard today that president Trump will be in Lebanon tomorrow, does anyone know how that will impact traffic for haunt tomorrow night. We are coming from Dayton.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Almost guaranteed.

https://www.journal-news.com/news/local/when-where-expect-traffic-delays-friday-during-president-trump-visit-lebanon/rF0jTZ78X6ebT1dpZQCGgN/

LEBANON — 

UPDATE @ 12:38 p.m.: The city of Lebanon has released more information about traffic delays and road closures ahead of President’s Trump visit Friday.

Temporary road closures lasting about 45 minutes for all major north to south routes in Lebanon will take place before and after the president’s rally at the Warren County Fairgrounds, according to the city.
ADVERTISING

MORE: Warren County preps for President Trump’s rally in Lebanon

Increased traffic is expected between 1 and 10 p.m. due to the temporary road closures.

Commuters in and around Lebanon should be aware of prolonged traffic delays, temporary road closures and increased vehicle and pedestrian traffic.

Anyone going to the rally should arrive at or after 2 p.m. There will be a security screening before entering the rally. Those attending are encouraged to bring as few items as possible, according to the city.

UPDATE @ 10 a.m. Oct. 11: More details about traveling to Friday’s rally featuring President Trump have been released by the city of Lebanon.

“Significant” traffic delays are expected Friday when President Donald Trump visits Lebanon to campaign for U.S. senate candidate Jim Renacci, according to the Warren County Sheriff’s Office.

Here’s how to get tickets to see President Trump on Friday in Warren County

Persons driving through the city of Lebanon in the afternoon/evening can expect significant traffic delays and sporadic road closures, according to the sheriff’s office.

While exact details of the president’s route will not be released, motorists can also expect significant delays and closures in the late afternoon during rush hour Friday on:

• the northern loop of Interstate 275

• I-71 from I-275

• I-71 to State Route 48 

• State Route 48 from I-71  

“Please be patient and give yourself extra time, make alternate travel plans, or avoid the area,” said a statement from the sheriff’s office.

The campaign rally is set to begin at 7 p.m. at the Warren County Fairgrounds.

Is Haunt always this packed? I haven't been to haunt in a couple years, but don't remember it being nearly as packed as everytime I've went this year.. It's so packed, it's hard to enjoy for me, though good for KI. We now just go during the day on Sunday's.

47 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

Is Haunt always this packed? I haven't been to haunt in a couple years, but don't remember it being nearly as packed as everytime I've went this year.. It's so packed, it's hard to enjoy for me, though good for KI. We now just go during the day on Sunday's.

You're saying it's packed tonight?  I was going to pop in late for some night rides but i can't tell crowd size from the webcam.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Haunt this past weekend.  In my opinion, the even has lost the edge is used to have.  It seems much more "family friendly" than it used to.  I saw many young children and an abundance of "No Boo" necklaces both nights.  The music selection in most areas sounded like a backdrop to Applebees instead of promoting a spooky atmosphere.

That being said, I was very impressed with the park and the effort put into the event.  Coney Maul was very well done.  I wouldn't mind seeing the lights and flags up all year.  The music was good too.  Pumpkin Eater was very nice, but I never saw the animatronic figure.  IS was nice, it was great seeing the skeletons on the second floor (although the Spanish building should have Spaniards, not Central American skeletons). Maybe they can put flags of the appropriate nations next year on each building.  The mazes were good, was very impressed with Chaos.  Friday night, especially, the fog was great.  It was very strange riding in the back of D-back and not seeing the top of the lift.  

Maybe the fact that it was misty both nights and the scareactors did not populate the scare zones as much as they would during dry weather made it less edgy, but I don't think so.  I'm not complaining, I had a great time and got to experience everything I wanted to.  I just think it has been toned down quite a bit.