Carowinds 2019! Copperhead Strike!!

This thing looks fun. Reminds me pretty heavily of Maverick, and it should have lots of airtime and hang time. The stats are not exactly the biggest or baddest, but stats are not everything, and this should be a excellent addition to Carowinds coaster lineup. Also, bigger Mack rides have finally come to the USA with Time Traveler and Copperhead Strike. I also love how the logo is a robotic snake. :P

With Six Flags' announcements of Maxx Force and West Coast Racers, it is looking like 2019 will be the year of the launched coaster, kinda like how 2017 was pretty heavy on woodies.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Also, it isn't a robotic snake, it's supposed to be a moonshine still.

Oh...my bad. Also, that is even cooler in a way. :P

Also, since we renewed our Platinum Cedar Fair passes, my friends and sister were looking into other Cedar Fair parks we could visit in 2019. Carowinds was already on our radar as an option. This probably just pushed them to the top.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Yeah, Carowinds is now on my list of parks to go to next year if we can.  This ride looks like it will win ride of the year!

Carowinds is a really cool park, my wife and I visited last summer.  Charlotte is a beautiful city as well.  Would highly recommend.

• Like 1

It looks like CF knew about the potential for Carowinds to get a Flight of Fear clone during the potential Paramount Parks' ride rotation and gave Mack an order to produce something as compact.  Its surprisingly compact for what it has.   I'm not the biggest fan of the dull color pallet, but the ride should make up for it with what looks to be some decent theming.  

I'm glad both CF is starting to pair up with Mack for their newer stuff.  I think Mack is going to make a nice enough splash in the market to fill in for Intamin's departure from the US market(the Busch and SEAS parks not withstanding).    

Just saw the video and the above layout... a launch coaster seems really unexpected for Cedar Fair, especially in a world of GCI's and RMC's. However, it looks like a great addition and I too love the roll out of the station. I think aside from Flight of Fear and Backlot (at all the respective parks), this will be the first launch coaster added to a former Paramount Park. I don't know if I'll get down there this year (still need to ride Nighthawk, Fury, Vortex and everything else since my last trip in 2003), but I smell a trip in 2020...

EDIT: (Upon looking at the layout again) Yeah, it's Backlot on steroids...

Can we just appreciate how far Carowinds has come since Cedar Fair has purchesed them? So far they've gotten 4 coasters since 2009 and they've all been impressive installations. I'm not trying to jump the gun but I'm wondering what the future holds in store for Carowinds? I feel like they still need a good wooden coaster and a Vortex conversion or possibly an RMC Hurler.

• Like 2

It looks very good.  Like someone said, this one looks somewhat like Maverick.  I was wondering if this was going to be like Time Traveler.  I guess not quite a spinning coaster. 

Frankly, Carowinds really needs this.  Fury 325 is a great coaster.  Afterburn is a good invert and Intimidator is a good hyper.  Other than that, there is nothing else that really stands out.  The construction is well under way.  Then again, Carowinds is a worth a trip just to ride Fury 325.  Keep in mind that there is no ERT until Memorial Day at Carowinds.  They do not have any more ERT rest of this year either.  Carowinds open late March every year.  

20180812_111600[1].jpg

20180812_111552[1].jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

^ Do you really need any more stand out coasters.  I feel that outside of Diamondback, Banshee, Beast, and Vortex the rest of the coaster lineup I could find at pretty much any park.

I know we are spoiled since KI and CP have quite the collections of coasters.  KI has one of only 5 Arrow suspended coaster left in the world, one of only 2 flying Dutchman coasters, and very unique boomerang inverts.  Even Flight of Fear is very interesting coasters. Mystic Timbers is one of the best if not the best GCI out there. Even Racer is a historical coaster. 

• Like 2

As @Rustbucket said, Kings Island has a unique wooden lineup. One you can't find at Cedar Point. Rebel Yell is the closest thing to The Racer, and that's 523 miles away. 

If adding a giga is their next project, I don't think theres going to be a problem in uniqueness. Especially when a lot of people who visit KI, may have never ridden a giga.

• Like 1