Carowinds 2019! Copperhead Strike!!

I guess we don't realize what a cool/unique coaster collection we have until we start to think about it. :D

Also, re: CP vs. KI, even though CP has some fantastic and/or unique coasters that are only 3 and a half hours away (Steel Vengeance, Valravn, Wicked Twister, Rougarou, Maverick Dragster, Millennium Force and GateKeeper come to mind...), I feel like KI has an better overall coaster collection.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

I guess we don't realize what a cool/unique coaster collection we have until we start to think about it. :D

Also, re: CP vs. KI, even though CP has some fantastic and/or unique coasters that are only 3 and a half hours away (Steel Vengeance, Valravn, Wicked Twister, Rougarou, Maverick Dragster, Millennium Force and GateKeeper come to mind...), I feel like KI has an better overall coaster collection.

Couldn't agree more, our coasters have a bit more character and nostalgia.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

True. Many of the comparison coasters between KI and CP I tend to prefer KI's better. Banshee>Raptor, AE>CCMR, Racer>Blue Streak (and general wooden collection better at KI), Diamondback>Magnum (though this one is close), Vortex>Corkscrew/Rougarou (depending on which you want to compare it too), The Bat>Iron Dragon. GateKeeper is unique but felt it is the weakest wing rider I've been on. However, Valravn and Dragster (though very short) were both great and Maverick is my favorite coaster right now. Haven't ridden Steel Vengeance yet but it looks amazing. So KI might have the better collection for comparison but that's not to detract from the great selection at CP either.

IMO, Steel Vengeance, Wicked Twister, Valravn, Rougarou, Millenium Force and Dragster are worth the drive. Maverick is worth it, but I haven't been on it since May. Blue Streak and Gemini are also fun. The others have better equivalents at KI (minus GateKeeper, which is fun enough, but it won't get me in the gate lol).

I have not been on Steel Vengeance but all the chatters around has the coaster that is good but not great category. Of course, I will have to ride it before I can make up my mind about this steel coaster. I always found RMC as excellent coasters but the train design is not great.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There were enough rain in Charlotte area but nowhere near what the coastal area got.  Keep in mind that water is far more dangerous part of tropical system than wind speed. 

Anyway, construction is going forward with more footings were built over the past 3 weeks. 

20180930_115330.jpg

20180930_115536.jpg

20180930_115515.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think the only complaint I have about this ride is the pacing. You start out slow going out of the station for a while until you reach the barn where you launch from, then after that it seems like you're barely making it through the inversions then speeding through twists and turns. Maybe its because I've become accustomed to Maverick's fast transitions and inversions that I'm not used to a launched coaster that slows down at certain parts of the ride. I'd still love to ride it though.