Labor day crowds- how bad?

pkifreak23

18 minutes ago, pkifreak23 said:

Do any of you on here go today or yesterday and how bad we're the crowds. What has the wait times been and more specifically how busy is Planet Snoopy. Don't know if I want to make myself miserable in the heat if she only gets on 3 rides. 

Just be there early at opening, ride several rides, and then leave if it gets too busy, stay longer if it's not. My family does this all the time. You never know about crowds but yes, it's gonna be hot this weekend.

• Like 2

Good advice, bjcolglazier! Also, re: Planet Snoopy: although none of the rides are open for ERT, you can plant yourselves near the entrance to a favorite ride so you can be the first ones on (and possibly marathon to your heart's content, like I did on FOF this morning...).

4 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Good advice, bjcolglazier! Also, re: Planet Snoopy: although none of the rides are open for ERT, you can plant yourselves near the entrance to a favorite ride so you can be the first ones on (and possibly marathon to your heart's content, like I did on FOF this morning...).

How busy was it yesterday at the park? What was the average wait times?

I'm not surprised by today's crowds. Seeing the reports of this crowd brings an old memory to my mind:

In 2010, my mom and I came on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. It was (at the time) the most crowded I had ever seen the park. I was there for three hours and rode only three rides. I still distinctly remember waiting a full hour to ride Vortex, for which the line spilled out of the queue and extended back almost all the way to Juke Box Diner!

It was fun though, but it taught me a helpful lesson: visit on only Friday and/or Monday of Labor Day weekend, as I later learned from visiting on Friday, August 29, 2014, and on every Labor Day Monday since 2012!

• Like 1

I'm not at the park today but would LOVE to see a pic of Vortex's line! Surely it must be pretty long if the park is packed; I would not be surprised if the queue is overflowing. Same for WindSeeker if it's up. I bet it has a pretty good line too.

Fellow KICers who are at the park: when you get to WindSeeker and Vortex, let me know how long their lines are, if you don't mind! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VortexBFForever said:

I'm not at the park today but would LOVE to see a pic of Vortex's line! Surely it must be pretty long if the park is packed; I would not be surprised if the queue is overflowing. Same for WindSeeker if it's up. I bet it has a pretty good line too.

Fellow KICers who are at the park: when you get to WindSeeker and Vortex, let me know how long their lines are, if you don't mind! :)

I am not at the park, and don't know how accurate this is, but Que-Times.com has Vortex currently listed at a 30 minute wait- I have personally never seen it past 25 (Haunt Saturday 2010), and even at that, the line was overflowing to Juke Box Diner. Ironically Diamondback is also listed at 30 minutes, but a check on the webcams shows that one may be about right. Beast is also listed at 30 ATM, but Mystic Timbers is 70 minutes, Flight of Fear is a hour, and Firehawk is TWO Hours. BLSC is 40 minutes, and White Water Canyon is a hour- sounds like a lot of people are going for water rides (also given the line seen above for Congo) so I would guess that the lines in the waterpark must be insane. Yeah it sounds like the park is pretty packed for a lot of rides.

If you are in the park, I dunno how accurate these are, but there are a few rides which ATM have respectable wait times: Banshee is listed at 15*, AE is also 15, Invertigo is 20, The Bat is only 10 minutes, and The Racer is only 5. If any of those are anywhere near accurate, those rides could offer some relief from the huge waits the other ones have.

*=EDIT: Scratch that, just checked the Banshee cam, and from what I can see there is at least a 30 minute wait. Que-times may not have updated yet or something for that one.

What is interesting the past two days is that the regular lines are not as full as the crowds would make you expect them to be.  I have seen days with less attendance and more crowded queues.  I guess everyone is enjoying themselves with the dollar day deals and not riding rides lol:P 

Now the FL lines the last couple of Sundays is a different story!