KI wins Golden Ticket Award for Best Kids' Area again

Oldiesmann

To be honest, I am a bit surprised Mystic Timbers didn't break into the Top 10 woodies, given Kings Island seems to be a pretty popular park and in head-to-head comparisons it does fare pretty well versus Beast, which got ranked #5. I imagine it made the Top 15 but we won't know that until the full Top 50 get posted.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chuck norris said:

The amount of rides vs other parks. You can legitimately spend an entire day with children under 48" and have plenty to do at KI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm - but CP has 17 family rides and 14 kiddie rides (total of 31 rides) that children under 48" (that means not the 48" rides for those keeping score) can ride; while KI has 7 family rides and 20 kiddie rides (total of 27 rides) for that same height requirement...and CP Snoopy areas have more shade!

But you are right, you can spend a whole day in KI Planet Snoopy because those lines are generally longer than Planet Snoopy lines in other CF parks :P

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, matt112986 said:

I know these awards don't really mean much and we shouldn't put much stock in them but I do find it interesting that Kings Island and Cedar Point are the only parks with multiple top ten coasters with 2 and 3 respectively. 

Diamondback has the best layout of all the hypers ever made- it uses the terrain to its advantage and has that splashdown ending. A lot of those coasters that are in the top 10 for steel and wood incorporate terrain in some type of way. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Hmmm - but CP has 17 family rides and 14 kiddie rides (total of 31 rides) that children under 48" (that means not the 48" rides for those keeping score) can ride; while KI has 7 family rides and 20 kiddie rides (total of 27 rides) for that same height requirement...and CP Snoopy areas have more shade!

But you are right, you can spend a whole day in KI Planet Snoopy because those lines are generally longer than Planet Snoopy lines in other CF parks :P

CP doesn’t stand a chance with that award.  They don’t have one big kids area, they have 3 smaller ones.:D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

CP doesn’t stand a chance with that award.  They don’t have one big kids area, they have 3 smaller ones.:D

Oh I know CP won't win that award - for the same reason Disney doesn't:P

Awards are subjective...and sometimes other thing$ influence selections...and this one is no exception...

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Diamondback has the best layout of all the hypers ever made- it uses the terrain to its advantage and has that splashdown ending. A lot of those coasters that are in the top 10 for steel and wood incorporate terrain in some type of way. 

Imagine for a moment how great it could have been if it truly "slithered through the woods of Rivertown" as its promotional tagline claimed... rather than the meadows it currently sits on

7 minutes ago, BloodBlade21 said:

Imagine for a moment how great it could have been if it truly "slithered through the woods of Rivertown" as its promotional tagline claimed... rather than the meadows it currently sits on

Well it does but when you construct a coaster, you have to cut down trees to make room for equipment and such. 

I find Fury being on top to not be too contentious. Its my #1, Maverick is my #2. 

Mystic Timbers should honestly be very near the Top 10.... its my favorite ride in the park. 

No surprise that Kings Island, which has a kids area with the size and staffing of a small amusment park, won best kids area again this year. 

Phoenix being #1 surprised me a little but its deserved. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I'm surprised Seuss Landing at IOA isn't more competitive.  Also, one could argue that Planet Snoopy at KD is as good or better.  It has much of the same stuff but is very wooded and has things like water features.  Ours has a little more hardware but it's a concrete jungle.

• Like 2