KI wins Golden Ticket Award for Best Kids' Area again

Oldiesmann

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I'm surprised Seuss Landing at IOA isn't more competitive.  Also, one could argue that Planet Snoopy at KD is as good or better.  It has much of the same stuff but is very wooded and has things like water features.  Ours has a little more hardware but it's a concrete jungle.

I agree with you - I simply pointed out CP because for being known as a roller coaster park, they do have more rides that children under 48" can ride than at KI...

Plus KD has some cool mini-cars that kids actually drive that aren't on a metal guide track - like kids can actually drive them down the pretend city streets and run into curbs, parked cars, disobey traffic lights and stop signs, etc. just like their parents do:P 

Don't get me wrong, I am glad KI continues to win the award, but just like a top coaster award, this is a subjective award as well...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2018 at 10:31 PM, disco2000 said:

Oh I know CP won't win that award - for the same reason Disney doesn't:P

Awards are subjective...and sometimes other thing$ influence selections...and this one is no exception...

My understanding is that since Disney considers areas like Fantasy Land for the whole family and not dedicated for children it is actually not even eligible.

• 11 months later...
8 hours ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

Well, now that our Kids area streak is over, will we see some work done in this area for next year in addition to Orion?  Maybe some TLC this off season and some additions for the 2021 season?  Curious to know everybody's thoughts about it.

We’d be about due for a Planet Snoopy upgrade regardless in 2021, so that’s not out of the realm of possibility. I doubt adding a ride or two would pull it ahead of of Dollywood that quickly, but making waves may help in the long term.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Why is lighting rod under the wood section and Steel Vengeance under steel?

Lighting rod does not have the topper track like the others so they consider it wood just like outlaw run at silver dollar. It is stacked with I think it’s laminated wood and then a steel strip on top.