By 2035 Kings Island Will Have What?

kingsislandfan1972

Can you finish that sentence above? By 2035 Kings Island will have what? Like what new ride predictions, removals, food options, new attractions, new shops, old rides brought back.. etch. By 2035 what do you think will be different or even the same about Kings Island? Comment below your thoughts hopefully most of us will be around in 2035 ;)

Will have two hotels a year round climate controlled ferris wheel . a 3rd park a creation w cincinnati zoo disney n zoo combine dark rides indoor rides n so much more. 

A high speed teain from downtown cincinnati whisks Customers to KI.

Longest most loops ever in the backwoods a coaster in the original park. 

Restrooms a out of this world shop the alien cafe have opened on x base . 

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

A retractable dome.  

Don't forget a helicopter ride to the top so you can slide down. "Tallest, Fastest slide in the World".

25 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

More corporate sponsors. "GMC's Mystic Timbers". "Ford's Antique Cars". "USAF's Top Gun". "Vanguard's Drop Tower". And so on.

I doubt that. Especially The Bat going back to Top Gun.:lol:

• Haha 1

I agree about corporate sponsorship.  Money talks.

I'm pro dome for shizzle.

I may have been subconsciously influenced by @kingsislandfan1972's profile pic, but I pictured the Max Headroom scene in BTTF Part 2.  I think all of the food services will be completely automated, whether it be assembly line style bots or a more humanoid AI.  For some reason this concept for ride ops bothers me.

Speaking of rides, I think the theming of future coasters and rides will be insanely awesome and ride experiences will be more immersive.  I think we will see more indoor coasters. I do hope that VR doesn't take over everything.

Back to snacks.  I'm assuming everything will be portable and customizable.  Perhaps a themed indoor sit down restaurant, maybe even a sweet new take on the IS restaurant or even better: a restaurant in the Eiffel Tower on that 50 foot deck.   A girl can dream. Don't hate.

PS - I'm thinking blue ice cream will be a thing forever. 

• Like 2

On 9/11/2018 at 8:43 PM, bjcolglazier said:

LOL. I figure it'll go back to Top Gun if the USAF is paying for it. And apparently Vortex makes King Ding Dong's vajayjay itch. Who knew?

May want to ask the Navy about that, though I'm sure they'd love for the Air Force to use their own recruiting budget to promote their program.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, upstop said:

I see a multilevel parking garage, a city center with theaters and hotels, a “downtown” area with year round shops, an additional theme park and expansion of Soak City into a year round inside resort. 

Is there a Kings Island opening in Dubai, or are we still talking about the one off I-71 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From the Ask KI a question thread.  Not sure even a Giga back there will bring a restroom.

Why are there no bathrooms in x-base?

Currently there are two restrooms in Coney Mall, on each end.  Unfortunately, X-base is right in the middle of Coney Mall. I went out and walked it today, and it takes approximately 2 minutes to get to either end.  If you ever have to make a decision about which one to go to (in an emergency) go to The Vortex restrooms. They are approximately 37 steps closer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s a good point, however, if restrooms and another food option were added back in X-Base (along with the giga and perhaps a flat), it finally could be its own legitimate area.

More to the topic, I think we’ll see a Giga and maybe 1 or 2 other new coasters by 2035. Between the two big additions, I could see flats and maybe some Waterpark additions. I also see VR and/or AR experiences having a presence at KI and perhaps throughout the bigger parts in the Cedar Fair chain (and I’m not talking VR on a coaster/flat either). 

We don’t know what the future holds, but what we can do is enjoy the here and now.

The legacy of The Beast and the SoB will be built upon with 2 huge new additions:

-A ground up RMC that is everything the SoB was supposed to be.

-A metal giga that snakes through the woods, has 2 lift hills, fits into the natural terrain, and whose track is largely hidden from sight