12th Season of Halloween Haunt opens 9/21/18

IndyGuy4KI

Halloween Haunt Opens this Friday at Kings Island

Two New Scare Zones, New Indoor Maze and New Show Highlight Haunt’s 12th Season

Roller coasters won’t be the only attractions conjuring up screams this fall at Kings Island.  Halloween Haunt returns to the 364-acre amusement park this Friday.  The popular annual event marks its 12th season with two new scare zones, a new indoor maze and new show.  Halloween Haunt is open Friday and Saturday nights through October 27. Tickets are available online at visitkingsisland.com for as low as $31.99 when purchased in advance.

Dates: Running every Friday and Saturday night through October 27.

Attractions: The 12th annual Halloween Haunt will feature 9 haunted mazes, four outdoor scare zones and three live stage shows.  New for this season are two new Scare Zones: Pumpkin Eater and Coney Maul; new indoor maze, C.H.A.O.S.; and new show, Haunted Homecoming. Plus, experience hundreds of sinister clowns, ghouls, vampires, werewolves and zombies lurking in the shadows throughout the park.

Rides: More than 20 rides also are open, including Banshee, Diamondback, The Beast and Mystic Timbers.

Save Money: Tickets are as low as $31.99 when purchased online and in advance at visitkingsisland.com.  Admission is free with a Gold Pass.  When guests purchase a 2019 Gold Pass, it also includes unlimited visits to 2018’s Halloween Haunt and WinterFest.

Save Time: Guests looking to make the most of their night at Halloween Haunt can add Fright Lane to bypass waiting in line to experience each of the haunted mazes once.   Fright Lane is available for purchase online or at the park.

No Boo For You:  For guests who may be a little hesitant to experience Halloween Haunt, Kings Island offers a “No-Boo” necklace. The monsters may still interact with the wearer of a No-Boo necklace, but won’t attempt to scare them. A No-Boo necklace can be purchased at select locations throughout the park or online for $12.15

What are you looking forward to the most this year at Haunt?

20170922_182854.jpg

20170922_234108.jpg20170922_230231.jpg20170922_230158.jpg20170922_210730.jpg

• Like 2

^ Unfortunately, Krystl will not be in Blood Drums this year (I chatted with her on Facebook).  I had to check when the KI website listed the show as "Get ready for an explosive apocalyptic blend of high-energy percussion, music, blood, rhythms and sparks!"

Not sure if the rest of the crew is back, as I have not been able to get a hold of them, but I do plan to watch at least one show everytime I am there!

• Sad 1

I talked to one of the drummers that I has interviewed last year, Geoff Seiter. Here is this update for us! 

It is a new show, a new drummer will be taking my place. Also a new fire dancer will be taking over for Kristl.

Here is last years interview if you missed it before and want to learn more about Blood Drums.

57 minutes ago, JubJester said:

@IndyGuy4KI What exactly do they mean by a "new show"? New songs?

I think you're right.

The show has never been "new" that I can recall.  It's more like it has evolved.  It always have flame heads, but adding the fire dancer and all that came later.  They may or may have not had the same soundtrack for the entire run.  I want to go out on a limb and say they have.

Also, has anyone else seen this "Haunt Experiment" video?  It came up as an ad for me at one point.  I like the idea a lot, but I think the actual shooting is pretty bad.  You can clearly see that the haunted houses are made from plywood and crap hanging from the ceiling (we all know they are, but come on!).   Novel idea, bad execution.

3 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Also, has anyone else seen this "Haunt Experiment" video?  It came up as an ad for me at one point.  I like the idea a lot, but I think the actual shooting is pretty bad.  You can clearly see that the haunted houses are made from plywood and crap hanging from the ceiling (we all know they are, but come on!).   Novel idea, bad execution.

There are two of the same videos on YouTube, one for Valley Scare and one for Worlds of Fun. Sounds a lot like the Busch Gardens attraction version called Alone. Alone looked like it would be interesting. The participant went through the Haunt.... well... alone. But it was an Upcharge attraction. This commercial says “through one of our scariest attractions” almost as if it is kind of a “pre-event” walk through and not a separate attraction. Personally, I think I can take on any of the attractions at KIs Haunt alone, and most likely I have a couple of times.:P 

3 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I think you're right.

The show has never been "new" that I can recall.  It's more like it has evolved.  It always have flame heads, but adding the fire dancer and all that came later.  They may or may have not had the same soundtrack for the entire run.  I want to go out on a limb and say they have.

Yep. That must be what he meant. Do you recall how long did the soundtrack before the newest one (last year's) stay? 

Also, I thought that advertisement was used last year. 

19 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Yep. That must be what he meant. Do you recall how long did the soundtrack before the newest one (last year's) stay? 

Also, I thought that advertisement was used last year. 

I really can’t remember. They may have done some different stuff with the soundtrack, but I think at least the last song has been the same for a very long time. 

Does anyone remember when it used to be on a temporary stage in Action Zone?

• Like 1

I remember Blood Drums before the current show's soundtrack. Such songs included were "Flaco 81" and "Wrecks" along with the current "We are Machines" finale. I believe the version of "We are Machines" that is currently performed is a remix of the original song.

Also, re: doing mazes alone, I have done parts of Madme Fatale's alone (I've both went in by myself and then caught up with a random group or went in with a random group and then got separated from said group) and it was pretty interesting (and scary) going it alone. I also remember doing Backwoods Bayou and Killmart mostly alone; Backwoods was really fun and Killmart actually wasn't too bad as it was after midnight and there didn't seem to be a lot of people in the maze. I would really like to do Slaughter House alone as that would be a really cool experience (as it's my favorite maze). If it was still around, Carnevil would have been an interesting solo maze. On the flip side of the coin, it would take a lot for me to do Blackout alone. But in summery, I do think it would be interesting to do a solo run of a maze.