Kings Island Removing an Attraction?

BoddaH1994

1 hour ago, Arrow said:

If anything there's only signs of Vipers staying around even longer with MM taking the time to update the braking system. Also heard Vortex still gets near a million riders if it doesn't actually reach it.

Now you don't ever really know for sure but honestly the more I think about it the more I don't think it's Vortex. Didn't Vortex JUST get new wheels, brake parts, and refurbed footers THIS YEAR? It doesn't make much sense for me to remove it after all that. not to mention the oh so wonderful "new" sign

There is another way of looking at that.  The fact that it did need a couple of new footers is somewhat ominous.  Maybe they HAD to replace those this year just to keep it open but many of the others are starting to have issues as well (sinking jokes aside). Possibly the original concrete was not the best quality.  How many footers does that thing have?  Just a couple had issues and all the others are just fine?  Maybe, maybe not.

• Like 4

Here's my thoughts--

It's one of our own... -- I don't think it's a ride you can find at other Cedar Fair parks like WindSeeker or Stunt Coaster. And I don't know about you, but Firehawk has never felt like a "Kings Island" coaster, if you know what I mean. It's always felt foreign to the park.

It's big-- I think it's something that's gonna upset some people. I've heard theories of Invertigo, the old Tomb Raider building, and Firehawk. While these interesting speculations, I think a large chunk of Kings Island attendance would not miss any of these rumors.

And then the air being still...well, everyone else has explained that.

My theory is Vortex. I'm sticking with it.

• Like 6

I don't think its anything too popular,  we're just getting Les Taxis back!  

My guess is its Firehawk,  didn't Greg Scheid say at the Mystic Timbers announcement or the Banshee one can't remember,  that "KI made it their own".  X-Base would be the last place that needed some renovations,  since they've went in a big circle. if we started at Action Zone in 2014.  

• Like 3

Surprised no one has really mentioned Invertigo... If a coaster leaves I think that one would be the next on the block, especially because of other parks removing theirs. I could possibly see Firehawk, but it seems rather reliable and ok (not great but not what I'd call bad) capacity wise the times I've been there.

• Like 6

e73c41f23180517c750fea8fea7d70b8.jpg

Three things I noticed in the picture-

Tombstone in the background says Son of Beast - I definitely think it’s a coaster

Urn is missing it’s front, but it has claws on it

Is that the same kind of bucket that grease comes in?

That kinda makes me think Firehawk, but who knows...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheRickster said:

Surprised no one has really mentioned Invertigo... If a coaster leaves I think that one would be the next on the block, especially because of other parks removing theirs. I could possibly see Firehawk, but it seems rather reliable and ok (not great but not what I'd call bad) capacity wise the times I've been there.

Invertigo is interesting from the standpoint that they could get it out of the way to use the space for a "front gate" coaster like other properties have been getting.  It would be a tight fit, but having a coaster at the front (and in CP's case most) gates seems to be the trend.

• Like 3

The way I've always imagined Vortex leaving KI is that if it needed another expensive, hard to find part fixed (as per what happened in 2011 or 2012 IIRC), then chances are that Vortex would probably close down for good. With Arrow Loopers becoming more and more of a rarity, I'm thankful that I was able to finally ride Vortex this past year (as it's what has made me enjoy riding more than the woodies and The Bat). I forced myself to hop on and ride it, and I rode Banshee as well and definitely enjoyed Banshee!

Also, if Firehawk is losing popularity and is a maintenance nightmare, then chances are we know where the B&M might be going if Firehawk is going to be taken down.

• Like 4

Since people are just throwing attractions out there for removal, let's add another option to the mix LOL...what about Timberwolf:P

• It's demise was ill-fated and it's life wasn't as long as intended with the introduction of Riverbend and other facilities.
  • It is one of it's own attractions.
  • The air in that part is eerily quite since not many concerts happen these days.
  • Air Supply was the first concert there.
  • It's Big.
  • It will get into pieces easier than another attraction.
  • One can make an argument that KI has had 12 "show places" over the years...
  • Like 6

Urn?  Steel coasters don’t produce ashes.   Only Woodies or hybrids do.     

If you melted a steel coaster down, you could cast an urn...

EDIT: another thought... why are there fresh flowers on one side and dead ones on the other? Because the ride has already “died” once and is dying again?

• Like 5

Has anybody else thought of The Bat leaving? It just doesn't seem like it ever is busy and even with The Bat theme is in shambles compared to its 1990s Top Gun self. I feel like it takes up some nice space as well for something to be built back there in Action Zone. 

It’s a definitely possibility and fits the theme. Two names, bats make noise. Fits the rest of the list as well.

Looking at aerial views, you pull that out and SoBs station is instantly usable again.

Remember the posters from earlier this year, the ones KI said they didn’t make? Track 5...
  • Like 4

I just got back from a little trip so I had very little internet access without burning too much data, but I did hear about this. Honestly, I think it's Firehawk. That ride based on what I heard is a maintenance nightmare and is a pain to operate. Plus, the sign is red and so is Firehawk. Firehawk would open up so much for many possibilities. I actually made a giga concept in the giga thread that goes in Firehawks place a while ago and plan to make another one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

e73c41f23180517c750fea8fea7d70b8.jpg

Three things I noticed in the picture-

Tombstone in the background says Son of Beast - I definitely think it’s a coaster

Urn is missing it’s front, but it has claws on it

Is that the same kind of bucket that grease comes in?

That kinda makes me think Firehawk, but who knows...

6 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Urn?  Steel coasters don’t produce ashes.   Only Woodies or hybrids do.     :o

I don't even like to think about it, but how could all of those clues NOT point to The Beast?  SoB's tombstone behind it, claws on the urn...???

One of our own???

Not to mention all of this:  https://KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33920-an-ill-fated-demise/&tab=comments#comment-803088

Thinking logical about the fact of where the antique cars are going to be located and also the fact the almost confirmed 2020 B&M Coaste Project, it's either WindSeeker or Firehawk.  I am fairly certain the work on the 2020 project will commence before the end of the year.   Whatever they are removing is in the way!   Personally I feel it's WindSeeker, I mean look at how the new Midway will isolate it even more than it is now.  We will find out soon!  One thing I am feel certain about is this is all connected to 2020 and by next April when the park opens there will be a lot to see and speculate about.  :)   Always good times!

• Like 2