Kings Island Removing an Attraction?

BoddaH1994

On 9/23/2018 at 8:20 PM, starlitfire said:

Have to agree with this, especially since KK is a competitor park. Also, I don't think KK would purchase a handmedown with maintenance problems if that's the case of Firehawk's removal, since my guess is that it would be more of an issue at an independent park in regards to attendance and money.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:12 AM, Winston Legthigh said:

I just can't see KI selling a ride to a direct competitor right down the road. If Firehawk is the coaster being removed, I can't see it popping up anywhere other than Carowinds in the form of parts for Nighthawk. 

I'm just really hoping it isn't Vortex or The Bat. 

If KI's planning on Giga for 2020, I don't think its going to be too difficult drawing people away from a park that gets a twice-recycled Vekoma flyer...

• Like 2

Would Adventure Express make sense? It almost seems like Mystic Timbers was intended to replace the “first big coaster” spot that AE was for most people. That would be far more sad than Firehawk.

10am tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen. We’ll sell you the whole seat but you’ll only need the edge.

• Like 2

Would Adventure Express make sense? It almost seems like Mystic Timbers was intended to replace the “first big coaster” spot that AE was for most people. That would be far more sad than Firehawk.
10am tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen. We’ll sell you the whole seat but you’ll only need the edge.
Don't we have a Commandment about that around here???

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wonder if KI will get a flying coaster in the next few years after 2020 investment. 

This might sound ludicrous, but hear me out.

The Flying Dutchman coasters were supposed to rotate back on the chain lifts. This can be seen in the promotional material. Vekoma has made a new model of their flying coaster that ensure both the rotation is done quickly and efficiently, as well as maintain high capacity.

Vekoma is also rolling out a launches flying coaster next year, FLY at Phantasialand. The ride includes a station that would dramatically cut down on the wasted time in the station. Furthermore, if this launch coaster is introduced without a problem, there likely will be a market for the new coasters.

• Like 3

I wonder if KI will get a flying coaster in the next few years after 2020 investment. 

This might sound ludicrous, but hear me out.

The Flying Dutchman coasters were supposed to rotate back on the chain lifts. This can be seen in the promotional material. Vekoma has made a new model of their flying coaster that ensure both the rotation is done quickly and efficiently, as well as maintain high capacity.

Vekoma is also rolling out a launches flying coaster next year, FLY at Phantasialand. The ride includes a station that would dramatically cut down on the wasted time in the station. Furthermore, if this launch coaster is introduced without a problem, there likely will be a market for the new coasters.

It is a cool concept, however I doubt Cedar Fair would be willing to work with Vekoma after this is over, especially considering their current relationship with Bolliger & Mabillard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2