Countdown to Opening Day for the 2021 Season: May 15th 11:00 AM!

Kings Island is now open for 2021.

Kings Island Confirms removal of Coaster

News release I just recieved from Kings Island:

Kings Island Confirms Rumor From Opening Weekend of Halloween Haunt

Which Ride is Leaving Kings Island? Final Rides Begin this Weekend

Today Kings Island confirms that rumors surfacing over opening weekend of Halloween Haunt are true. Guests to the annual Halloween event on Friday evening were the first to see a new gravesite in the park’s annual ‘ride graveyard’ display, all set-up for a funeral service and containing a sign with the message,

The air is eerily calm as we make final preparations for the ill-fated demise of one of our own.

R.I.P. 10/28/2018

#RestInPiecesKI

#ItsBigItsGone

#RIP2018KI

Today the park confirms that the ride leaving is one of the park’s 16 roller coasters. Final rides will begin this weekend, with last days of operation occurring the final weekend of Halloween Haunt and The Great Pumpkin Fest, 10/26 – 10/28. Kings Island will reveal the coaster later this week.

20180923_113236.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A news reporter talking about roller coasters is like that person at a Super Bowl party that wonders "how they're able to paint that yellow line on the field so fast"...

I've created a tombstone for the announcement. Let me know what you think:  

Carolyn Weaver, the longtime manager of the Arrow division of S&S worldwide retired just this month. That in and of itself is fairly unimportant in the context of this discussion, but in the blog

Posted Images

I still think it's interesting how they're not telling us, or at least as of when this post was made, which coaster is biting the dust. Maybe they're doing this so everybody doesn't flock to that one coaster to get their last rides in? Maybe they don't want everyone flocking to it because its a capacity nightmare? I'm still looking at Firehawk.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, JudeHoward said:

The leaked document from a couple months ago shows construction for 2018-20 so maybe that's included within this?

It confirms what has been stated on this forum...if you know where and what to look for...

• Like 1

On their twitter they say the 'departing' coaster. Departing is defined as "leave, typically in order to start a journey.", they never said removed or demolished. So maybe the Kentucky Kingdom-Firehawk theory is plausible. Time will only tell. (I know this probably crosses into a whole different thread of discussion but still)

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, JudeHoward said:

On their twitter they say the 'departing' coaster. Departing is defined as "leave, typically in order to start a journey.", they never said removed or demolished. So maybe the Kentucky Kingdom-Firehawk theory is plausible. Time will only tell. (I know this probably crosses into a whole different thread of discussion but still)

Michigan's Adventure? What am I thinking, I think they forgot they owned that:lol:.

• Haha 1
Just now, silver2005 said:

I just thought o another reason for wanting Firehawk over Vortex- attention in X-Base which may result in our long awaited restrooms!

You want to sacrifice a coaster for a rest room?

• Haha 1

Just the fact they're being so dramatic about this announcement makes me think that whatever is replacing this coaster will be massive and this is just step one of their marketing and teasing. Remember when dinos left and they had no plans for the land they didn't make a big deal. This is different.

• Like 5