Kings Island Confirms removal of Coaster

IndyGuy4KI

I feel like Vortex is a vital piece of Kings Island's identity. It's got a history stretching over 30 years, it's a major part of the park's skyline, it was a record-breaker, and it provides great visuals. After The Beast, it was probably the biggest deal in the park for many years. Not to say it won't ever be removed -- or that it won't be removed sooner rather than later -- but I feel like if it was a last year for The Vortex, KI would have given it a season-long send off, not one month when pretty much only locals are attending the park (at least that's the perspective of someone who lives four hours outside the park). True, there was similar notice when Cedar Point got rid of the Mean Streak -- but honestly, there was very little time where MS was seen as anything other than a headache-inducer. Few were sad to see it go (and it sorta never did). 

Firehawk has always felt like a minor addition to the park. It's tucked away in a low-traffic area. It came from another park and, honestly, doesn't seem to fit the character of other KI rides (similar to Invertigo). It seems to have countless maintenance problems, and IMO it's not a great ride (though, of course, my opinion has no bearing on this aside from my wishful thinking). It's too short, the harnesses are uncomfortable and I always feel like I'm going to fall out. 

Not saying it won't be Vortex (although I would prefer it to be Invertigo or The Bat), but I feel like Firehawk is the better candidate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

We will clean up later, but they are 2 different threads. The other one is specific to Firehawk, this one is about what the park announced. 

1 hour ago, chibul said:

....that thread isn't specific to Firehawk at all. It's speculating on which attraction is being removed. 

That thread was started as a rumor about Firehawk but quickly evolved.   So it is ok if we have rumor threads specific to the 15 other coasters?  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, chibul said:

Can these threads be merged? Not sure why a second one was made.

I have always wondered why KI news is being introduced into the KI Central News forum? 

This is probably one reason why threads end up in both forums.

How is KI confirms a removal of a roller coaster news associated with KI Central unless we are officially affiliated with the park now?  Otherwise shouldn't it go in the KI forum and leave the KI Central News forum to stuff that is KIC news like new moderator announced, t-shirts available for purchase etc.?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I have always wondered why KI news is being introduced into the KI Central News forum? 

This is probably one reason why threads end up in both forums.

How is KI confirms a removal of a roller coaster news associated with KI Central unless we are officially affiliated with the park now?  Otherwise shouldn't it go in the KI forum and leave the KI Central News forum to stuff that is KIC news like new moderator announced, t-shirts available for purchase etc.?

Yeah I never understood that either. Yeah the description says KI and KIC news, but the title of the forum is KIC News. That suggests news about the site. 

6 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Yeah I never understood that either. Yeah the description says KI and KIC news, but the title of the forum is KIC News. That suggests news about the site. 

How so?    When you go to NBCnews.com do you expect news about NBC?  :lol:

19 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I wouldn't question the mods.

Nah, I do it all the time, they are reasonable guys.   Just don’t be a jerk about it and all is good.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my own opinion the top 5 coasters that could possibly be removed would be 

5. Backlot Stunt Coaster 

4. Adventure Express 

3. The Bat 

2. Invertigo 

1. Firehawk

Honeslty I would have to say Firehawk as my number one because it’s one of those coasters that just doesn’t seem to fit in the Kings Island atmosphere, unlike the other coasters I listed I think the removal of Firehawk would upset guests the least, however I could be wrong and it might not even be Firehawk, but for now my number one pick is Firehawk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

unlike the other coasters I listed I think the removal of Firehawk would upset guests the least, however I could be wrong and it might not even be Firehawk, but for now my number one pick is Firehawk.

Firehawk upsets me the most.   I can go to just about any park and ride a mine train or boomerang.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

@King Ding Dong That's why I say we protest till Invertigo is gone! Boomerang's so bad! It's hard for me to ride them to get credits when I travel to different parks each season.

I agree! Invertigo is trash, plus it gave me a big headache! They should tear it and/or Firehawk down and build a Vekoma Bermuda Blitz in either one's place.

22 hours ago, upstop said:

i second what Sonofbaconator said.... Adventure Express just needs a refurb. Maybe as someone suggested... RMC it.

There's just one tiny problem with that... AE is a steel coaster. Maybe they could give it some maintenance, make the track a little smoother, and slap on a fresh coat of paint. Plus I doubt that they would do anything too drastic to it, seeing as it's a classic Arrow Dynamics coaster.

The KICentral News forums is for news from KI. The description of this forum is: This forum includes news about Kings Island Central and Kings Island.

The new threads there also populate the KIC homepage which is why I use it when news comes out. I hope that helps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MaxxForce said:

I agree! Invertigo is trash, plus it gave me a big headache! They should tear it and/or Firehawk down and build a Vekoma Bermuda Blitz in either one's place.

Give me an Intamin Blitz instead ;)

I think we got off focus a tad bit. I had no idea this was a bash the way we do things on this site. Either like it or go build your own fan site? Sorry not sorry lol

• Haha 2

I'll throw my hat in the speculation game and go with Firehawk leaving as well. The amount of land that would be opened up behind the ride is the prime reason I see it going. Future development would appear to have the most potential there. Removing Vortex or Invertigo wouldn't offer much outside of their respective plots of land in my opinion.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Remember, Kings Island was dropping Splintercat teasers like crazy to throw people off to don't be shocked when there's a lot of clues hinting at multiple coasters.

I forgot about Splintercat!

Good times.

I still think it's a great coaster name. Just not a Great Coaster (International) name, as it were.

• Like 3