Kings Island Confirms removal of Coaster

IndyGuy4KI

WCPO 9 Cincinnati gives reasonable explanations about how Firehawk or Vortex will be removed. In my opinion it could be down to removal of either of these coasters but I’m still leaning towards Firehawk as my number one removal pick.

https://www.wcpo.com/money/consumer/dont-waste-your-money/Vortex-or-Firehawk-the-kings-island-coaster-leaving-is

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Remember, Kings Island was dropping Splintercat teasers like crazy to throw people off to don't be shocked when there's a lot of clues hinting at multiple coasters.

I was the one that actually started that about Splintercat. I think we all ran with it, including the park. That was back on 5/30/16 and here’s a screenshot of that post. I was replying to Magenta Lizard’s post.

49020efd6b50ed9a6025037ff965c44a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

WCPO 9 Cincinnati gives reasonable explanations about how Firehawk or Vortex will be removed. In my opinion it could be down to removal of either of these coasters but I’m still leaning towards Firehawk as my number one removal pick.

https://www.wcpo.com/money/consumer/dont-waste-your-money/Vortex-or-Firehawk-the-kings-island-coaster-leaving-is

I moved your thread over here. No need to create a 3rd thread. It can be discussed here!

13 minutes ago, JudeHoward said:

Their article says  "A majority of coaster enthusiasts on forums like KI Central believe Vortex will have its last rides this fall. Why?".

Pretty sure last time I checked the poll it was roughly 70 percent for Firehawk. Gotta love the GP media. :lol:

The media always reports the facts and never creates or spins a story to boost their ratings:P

First and fast wins the internet hits not slow and accurate:P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JudeHoward said:

Their article says  "A majority of coaster enthusiasts on forums like KI Central believe Vortex will have its last rides this fall. Why?".

Pretty sure last time I checked the poll it was roughly 70 percent for Firehawk. Gotta love the GP media. :lol:

That's why I'm not trusting of the news. They almost always get facts about amusement parks wrong! Moving away from how GP they are, I actually wouldn't be surprised if they removed Vortex. It's not that new or smooth anymore, and although I would hate to see a landmark go, the world is always moving towards bigger and better things. So Vortex's removal couldn't be too far out of the question, but I'm still leaning towards AE or Firehawk leaving.

21 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I wonder if they're announcing it Thursday so people will have time to ride it Friday?

Uh, yes....  weather should be good this weekend, I'm sure they're hoping for an uptick in visitors for one last ride on ...... (stay tuned)

Unpopular opinion time. Brace yourselves:

I actually think Kings Island should replace Firehawk with a Vekoma Bermuda Blitz. From what I have heard about them, they are smoother than old Vekoma, and they are extremely popular in Europe. From what I've heard about the only one in operation (Lech Coaster in Poland,) it has the potential to be a number 1 coaster, plus if we add one to Kings Island, it could fill the vertical drop coaster gap in the park's lineup, and draw in big crowds because the GP could possibly have never seen anything like it in the States. Not to mention we would have beaten Cedar Point to a coaster that is unique to the States (finally!) and it could put KI on the map.

Although it's maybe just a coincidence, keep in mind that The Vortex name at Canada's Wonderland is to be going the way of the dodo at the end of this season.

Although my personal two cents is that Firehawk is going, the consensus is no one really liked it, and the ride itself has been very temperamental.

So, maybe this is thinking too deep here, but if Firehawk is indeed leaving, maybe Chaos was purposely placed in X-Base in order to direct more traffic to that area (and possibly so guests will be more familiar with the area come 2020 (as the giga could go here)).

MDMC, proposing just a thought...