Kings Island Confirms removal of Coaster

IndyGuy4KI

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Just for re-clarification- S&S still makes Arrow parts since they absorbed them, yes?

Undoubtedly. Yet another reason (among many) why all three KI Arrow coasters (contrary to some belief), are among the rides FURTHEST from the chopping block in the forseeable future, baring metal fatigue. 

On 6/12/2010 at 10:01 PM, The Interpreter said:

And even in the case of Arrow, S & S will happily sell almost any part...

http://www.s-spower.com/coasters.php

• Like 4

Carolyn Weaver, the longtime manager of the Arrow division of S&S worldwide retired just this month. That in and of itself is fairly unimportant in the context of this discussion, but in the blog post announcing her retirement, they named the new manager of that division (indicating that they plan to continue running that division) and, importantly, emphasized that "S&S continues to support all Arrow rides with their parts and refurbishment needs"

http://s-s.com/ss-worldwide-announces-retirement-carolyn-weaver/

Arrow parts are a huge market for S&S. That sector of their business probably won't be gone until all of the Arrows are gone. And since some Arrows are now over 50 years old and others are not even 20, I'd say that division could continue operating 30 or more years into the future. And even then, so many Arrows were built that parts could be salvaged from retired Arrow rides for many more years to come afterward. And that's a fairly common practice. If my information is correct, one of the Corkscrew trains at Cedar Point happens to be one of the Double Loop trains from Geauga Lake.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the spot chosen for the new Antique Cars would seem to add a lot of congestion in that area if Vortex were to remain open.  Are they planning on a reduction of congestion in that area by the time they open next spring?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KIfan73 said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the spot chosen for the new Antique Cars would seem to add a lot of congestion in that area if Vortex were to remain open.  Are they planning on a reduction of congestion in that area by the time they open next spring?

I don't necessarily think so. Keep in mind a couple of things:

1. The construction site will be larger than the final product. Congestion likely won't be as bad next year as it seems this year.
  2. Queue lines for other rides (including Vortex and WindSeeker) can be reconfigured if needed.

I don't think Vortex would be leaving due to the 'tiques. If it is indeed leaving, it's because they want to make room for project 2020, not the Antique Cars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, homestar92 said:

I don't necessarily think so. Keep in mind a couple of things:

1. The construction site will be larger than the final product. Congestion likely won't be as bad next year as it seems this year.
  2. Queue lines for other rides (including Vortex and WindSeeker) can be reconfigured if needed.

I don't think Vortex would be leaving due to the 'tiques. If it is indeed leaving, it's because they want to make room for project 2020, not the Antique Cars.

I wouldn't expect Vortex to removed to make room for something like Antique Cars, but was thinking perhaps that the placement of them was a clue.  Either way, we won't have to speculate much longer!

7 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I laughed when the news guy said Vortex was made by "Arrow Coasters". Not that it's entirely wrong, but I've ALWAYS heard the company called Arrow Dynamics. :blink:

3 hours ago, JubJester said:

"Arrow Coasters" (1:03)

Research. Research. Research. 

Irony

• Like 2

On 9/25/2018 at 4:33 PM, homestar92 said:

If we extrapolate from existing data points, probably a Haunt maze that will be painfully visible from the main midway all season long.

Though it does have a large station. You could build a pretty darn good haunt maze in there.

KI will be solidifying their legacy as the "defunct-ride-turned-permanent-haunted-maze-structure" Capital of the World!...

The Smurf Ride (CarnEVIL), Action Theater (Urgent Scare), Son of Beast (Wolf Pack), Crypt (Madame Fatale), and now Firehawk (maybe alien-themed to complement FOF)...let me know if I've missed any...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1