IndyGuy4KI

Kings Island Confirms removal of Coaster

News release I just recieved from Kings Island:

Kings Island Confirms Rumor From Opening Weekend of Halloween Haunt

Which Ride is Leaving Kings Island? Final Rides Begin this Weekend

Today Kings Island confirms that rumors surfacing over opening weekend of Halloween Haunt are true. Guests to the annual Halloween event on Friday evening were the first to see a new gravesite in the park’s annual ‘ride graveyard’ display, all set-up for a funeral service and containing a sign with the message,

The air is eerily calm as we make final preparations for the ill-fated demise of one of our own.

R.I.P. 10/28/2018

#RestInPiecesKI

#ItsBigItsGone

#RIP2018KI

Today the park confirms that the ride leaving is one of the park’s 16 roller coasters. Final rides will begin this weekend, with last days of operation occurring the final weekend of Halloween Haunt and The Great Pumpkin Fest, 10/26 – 10/28. Kings Island will reveal the coaster later this week.

20180923_113236.jpg

I still think it's interesting how they're not telling us, or at least as of when this post was made, which coaster is biting the dust. Maybe they're doing this so everybody doesn't flock to that one coaster to get their last rides in? Maybe they don't want everyone flocking to it because its a capacity nightmare? I'm still looking at Firehawk.

On their twitter they say the 'departing' coaster. Departing is defined as "leave, typically in order to start a journey.", they never said removed or demolished. So maybe the Kentucky Kingdom-Firehawk theory is plausible. Time will only tell. (I know this probably crosses into a whole different thread of discussion but still)

19 minutes ago, JudeHoward said:

On their twitter they say the 'departing' coaster. Departing is defined as "leave, typically in order to start a journey.", they never said removed or demolished. So maybe the Kentucky Kingdom-Firehawk theory is plausible. Time will only tell. (I know this probably crosses into a whole different thread of discussion but still)

Michigan's Adventure? What am I thinking, I think they forgot they owned that:lol:.

It would be a shame to see Firehawk go, but it would be fun to see how the park can use that land behind FoF and the older Action Theater for a new coaster.

KI should call the new ride Phoenix to celebrate its rise from the ashes of the former. :P

6 minutes ago, JudeHoward said:

Maybe we can create a fundraiser to give them the long awaited bench and trash can duo that they're lacking in their lineup.

Maybe we could build them a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree so they can put on a Winterfest.  

Just the fact they're being so dramatic about this announcement makes me think that whatever is replacing this coaster will be massive and this is just step one of their marketing and teasing. Remember when dinos left and they had no plans for the land they didn't make a big deal. This is different.