Kings Island Confirms removal of Coaster

IndyGuy4KI

9 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I will be waiting  on line around 9:45 with a box of tissues in case its Vortex. If it's Firehawk I may jump for joy!

I'm conflicted because while Vortex is my favorite ride, the inline twist and final helix on Firehawk are my favorite ride elements in the park. Either way I lose something I like.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I, too, am hoping for Firehawk's removal over Vortex's.  It was my first looping coaster and it feels like such a staple in the park's skyline since its all I remember, with the Eiffel Tower and Vortex being the 2 tallest attractions in the 90s until Action Zone came about.  I still thoroughly enjoy riding Vortex. 

• Like 7

^^ Agreed. I half of the time forget Firehawk is even at the park. Vortex was my first looping coaster as well. It will always have a special place in my heart. I hope it stays. I love how closed the final parts of the ride are to the walk way. Its just a classic.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

^^ Agreed. I half of the time forget Firehawk is even at the park. Vortex was my first looping coaster as well. It will always have a special place in my heart. I hope it stays. I love how closed the final parts of the ride are to the walk way. Its just a classic.

I definitely agree, I tend to forget that Firehawk is back there. The only time I notice it is when I'm on the tower, riding Racer or going to FoF. Firehawk is a really great ride, I'll be so sad to see it go. Vortex is a beautiful ride and I'd really hate to see that go. 

• Like 2

I'm still on the literally anything but Vortex team here. If that coaster leaves, there is a strong possibility that there will be more years between current date, and the next time I spend money at KI again. I have a daughter that really wants to ride one of the loopers, and she's getting ever closer to 48 inches now. We're probably next summer that she can do it, and I'm sure the heck not going to take my kids to KI again, after her knowing that she just has to be 48 inches to ride a looper, and then having to tell her she can't now because they took out the only one she can ride. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

I'm still on the literally anything but Vortex team here. If that coaster leaves, there is a strong possibility that there will be more years between current date, and the next time I spend money at KI again.

I'm with you man.

If Vortex goes, I understand that it's nothing personal and that it's a business decision. It wouldn't offend me, so I'm not going to be boycotting the park or anything like that, per se, but I would likely take a year off. There would be no ill will with the park, it's just that it would be very difficult for me to go for a while because any time I venture back to the site that once housed Vortex, it would be too difficult for me emotionally. For that reason, I probably wouldn't renew my pass, at least not the first year, as it would be extremely difficult to get my money's worth out of it.

• Like 1