Firehawk Leaving Kings Island 10/28/18

Got my last two rides in Friday night. It took probably a full minute for the seats to lower in the station which I hadn't had happen before. Thought it was a good way for the ride to say goodbye to me. I rode it twice, the same amount of times I rode it when it was X-flight at Geauga Lake.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I give big props to the maintenance team for getting it back running today.  Also a shout out to the crew who were running a pretty efficient ship.

I totally agree. They worked all morning and tested for hours to get it back up for people to be able to take their final flights! A big thank you to KI from KICentral!

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, DonHelbig said:

Might be the only Twitter account with more people blocked than followers. 

Just looked this guy up on twitter hes a joke. Firehawk was not down all day! I got 3 rides in on it! Including last public train ever! Going to miss that thing! Thank you Don and Ki team for all your hard work keeping it running for us to enjoy one last time. :D 

• Like 6

KI posted the #'s for ridership on FB.

Firehawk gave its final rides last night and will now be laid to rest. The steel roller coaster gave 6,761,893 rides during its 12 seasons of operation at Kings Island, an average of 563,491 rides per season. Its record year was 2014 when 624,016 rides were given. 

https://www.facebook.com/155893938367/posts/10157744542578368/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Just wanted to give a big thanks to KI and the Firehawk crew. They did a great job making sure they provided their best effort to keep Firehawk running yesterday.

I didn’t get to the park till about 5 and went strait to Firehawk. There was about a 40 minute wait when I got in line. When I was about 4 trains away the weather started picking up and Firehawk’s operation was suspended. The Firehawk crew did a great job communicating with us in line about the delay and just chatting in general with us. There looked to be more rain coming on the radar, but it stayed dry long enough so those of us who wanted a last ride got one.

It was great to get that one last ride. #RIPFirehawk

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Firehawk was never my favorite coaster, but I always loved the unique experience it gave. I was fortunate enough to ride it as X Flight at Geauga Lake. I did not experience GL under Six Flags ownership (as I had heard many people tell of terrible customer experience), but I went twice after Cedar Fair bought it. They did a great job with what they had to work with. Unfortunately, I don't think they could repair the damaged reputation that it obtained. A real shame too as I loved several coasters that resided there. Dominator, X Flight, Raging Wolf Bobs, Head Spin, Thunderhawk, The Villain, Big Dipper. They had a really nice water park to compliment it too. 
At least I have some good memories of that place and still have a Villain hat that I bought there. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

That article is talking about Boomerang- not Firehawk

A used flyer is mentioned along with the two boomerangs.

From the article:

The Belgian Plopsa Fans website has recently gotten in contact with Trans Studio and has learned the following: “And as-designed, our Trans Studio parks will receive a pre-owned flying coaster and boomerangs. Indeed, the Plopsaland Bat Flyer will be one of them. Also interesting, one of the Boomerangs will be the one from Knott’s Berry Farm.”

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, matt112986 said:

A used flyer is mentioned along with the two boomerangs.

From the article:

The Belgian Plopsa Fans website has recently gotten in contact with Trans Studio and has learned the following: “And as-designed, our Trans Studio parks will receive a pre-owned flying coaster and boomerangs. Indeed, the Plopsaland Bat Flyer will be one of them. Also interesting, one of the Boomerangs will be the one from Knott’s Berry Farm.”

Gotcha, I was looking for the word "Firehawk"