Firehawk Leaving Kings Island 10/28/18

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Remember plans can change. Maybe KI decided that it would take a little too much time to dismantle it and they want to get it down as fast as possible.

Trust me. That’s not how demo projects work at all. You can not change a demolition project from a relocation to al out scrapping on the flip of the dime.

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

Trust me. That’s not how demo projects work at all. You can not change a demolition project from a relocation to al out scrapping on the flip of the dime.

eh, Universal seems to change their mind daily on projects. They've had plans submitted with the city for projects and construction walls up just to completely change their mind. Granted they have a lot more moving parts to their decisions. I don't think thats the case here. The "outlived it's service life" line told us what was going to happen here. 

12 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

I thought KI stated that it would be dismantled and not scrapped. 

They did use the word dismantled when asked. They can only share what they know at that given time.  Keep in mind that was several months ago and before FH was closed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fryoj said:

eh, Universal seems to change their mind daily on projects. They've had plans submitted with the city for projects and construction walls up just to completely change their mind. Granted they have a lot more moving parts to their decisions. I don't think thats the case here. The "outlived it's service life" line told us what was going to happen here. 

Those are for approval, and changes like that happen routinely. I have documents that stated Kings Island was to build the world’s tallest Wooden Coaster. Did this happen? No. The park submits a ton of docs seeking approval for a new ride concepts. This is not a change while submitting documentation. What we are referring to is a change after paperwork has been filed. However, it is important to note that heavy relocation equipment is being utilized, possibly to relocate parts to SFA (if purchased) or Carowinds.

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

They did use the word dismantled when asked. They can only share what they know at that given time.  Keep in mind that was several months ago and before FH was closed.

dis·man·tle
/disˈman(t)l/
verb
  1. take (a machine or structure) to pieces.
    "the engines were dismantled and the bits piled into a heap"

Technically, it was.

4 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

Those are for approval, and changes like that happen routinely. I have documents that stated Kings Island was to build the world’s tallest Wooden Coaster. Did this happen? No. The park submits a ton of docs seeking approval for a new ride concepts. This is not a change while submitting documentation. What we are referring to is a change after paperwork has been filed. However, it is important to note that heavy relocation equipment is being utilized, possibly to relocate parts to SFA (if purchased) or Carowinds.

I'm actually referring to the whole deal where Nintendo was going into Kidzone before being shifted to the new park. Plans were submitted, approved, and posted on governmental website. Construction fences were up. Then they changed their mind. Like I said though, not remotely like the Firehawk deal. They were never going out and unbolting that thing. But companies do change their mind at times. 

• Like 1