Firehawk Leaving Kings Island 10/28/18

X-Base is going to be barren this season. I'm still curious if anything will become of that land between Racer and Flight of Fear
I hope that they are going to expand that whole area and connect it to the Oktoberfest portion of the park.. not only would that get rid of some of the congestion at the Oktoberfest/coney mall intersection but that would give plenty of room for a que for an opening day line for a major attraction in that area (fingers crossed) plus they could add some food stands and restrooms.. just my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

This removal also begs the question of how much time Nighthawk and Batwing have left. 
I'm going to assume they are going to send the trains and all the extra parts they had laying around to the other parks so they can keep them running for a little longer.. at least that makes the most sense to me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The million dollar question in my mind is, do they stop at the concrete piers, or do they bring in bulldozers to completely clear the lot? If they clear the lot, do they move any dirt beyond it? If they start terraforming, the writing will be on the wall.

• Like 2

These pictures you can tell they're just ripping it down, and with they way they are piling it up, off to scrap yard for the Firehawk.  However with B & M on board for an unknown project, if they do start grading the land get excited something big is coming. I believe with all the people desperately wanting a Giga, and the newsmedia clamoring around the way they have, Kings Island and Cedar Fair may have been painted into a corner to where they have to go Giga. Anything else would probably be a huge disappointment, and see an attendance drop. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Bansheelover said:

These pictures you can tell they're just ripping it down, and with they way they are piling it up, off to scrap yard for the Firehawk.  However with B & M on board for an unknown project, if they do start grading the land get excited something big is coming. I believe with all the people desperately wanting a Giga, and the newsmedia clamoring around the way they have, Kings Island and Cedar Fair may have been painted into a corner to where they have to go Giga. Anything else would probably be a huge disappointment, and see an attendance drop. 

I was thinking about this. Imagine if it were a dive coaster. Every headline would be about the disappointment and would completely overshadow the product. It’s obvious that dive coasters are at a discount (comparatively for a B&M) and offer a “meh” experience. They are great for high end transitional years, but not for a blockbuster landmark. 

• Like 6

It's going to be a Giga  any guesses on the height? Mine is taller than Fury and faster. 

Taller I don’t mind. Faster isn’t completely necessary. Using the natural terrain as many of our coasters do, would be great. How about a sweeping turn over the river?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

Taller I don’t mind. Faster isn’t completely necessary. Using the natural terrain as many of our coasters do, would be great. How about a sweeping turn over the river?

When you get down by the Little Miami River, you run into a lot of environmental issues.  I doubt any coaster will get close to that river.  This rumored coaster or any future coaster that Kings Island may install.

• Like 4