Firehawk Leaving Kings Island 10/28/18

So, if the giga is themed to deer, who would be the sponsor- Mossy Oak? Realtree? The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation? :lol:

In all seriousness, it was sorta sad to see that loop come down, but on the other hand, that was the element that forced me to stop riding Firehawk. So I guess I'll say good riddance. #imnotsorry

EDIT: Also, re: the deer theme.. as long as there's no scary Santa in the shed*. we're good!

*For the record, Evil Santa from Haunt is cool!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JubJester said:

I thought it would of been cool to leave the loop as a centerpiece to a new plaza.

Just not iconic enough of a ride for it.

Now whenever Vortex DOES meet it's end of life, really the only option is to mount one of the corkscrew pieces above the brick walkeway infront of the basketball game between Juke Box Diner and the trees further down towards Rivertown.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, JubJester said:

I thought it would of been cool to leave the loop as a centerpiece to a new plaza.

I agree.  Could have been a unique centerpiece. Let me submit, though, that that level of theming isn't Cedar Fair's signature.  Just bring them in taller, faster, etc... then watch them become obsolete by the next taller, faster one in a few years.

• Like 3