Firehawk Leaving Kings Island 10/28/18

Same here man. I can't wait to ride I305 honestly. Only reason I really love the Intamin's is because I grew up during the days of them being KING at CP. Haha I also prefer speed and airtime rather then inversions. I Just like really aggressive coasters. Steel V is AMAZING is that regard. haha

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I wonder if they are reusing the queue for what's coming next.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm also curious about the piece of track right right next to the old queue. It seems like they are done with removing and scrapping all of the metal. Maybe they'll use it for theming somewhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phantom Theater said:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm also curious about the piece of track right right next to the old queue. It seems like they are done with removing and scrapping all of the metal. Maybe they'll use it for theming somewhere. 

That would make a great entrance sign or they could have some sort of Firehawk removal in the queue of the new coaster similar to what Banshee has in honor of SOB

• Like 3

On 3/8/2019 at 4:06 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

That would make a great entrance sign or they could have some sort of Firehawk removal in the queue of the new coaster similar to what Banshee has in honor of SOB

I think it would be really nice to see this. I wouldn't say that Firehawk was as "iconic" if you will as SOB but it is definitely a unique coaster due to the lack of Vekoma flyers in existence. It would also be nice because it could also remind people of Geauga Lake and be an indirect "shrine" to the park

• Like 3

If the track was somehow used to reference Firehawk the way that the eternal flame in Banshee's queue references Son of Beast, that would be a cool tribute. What I loved most about Firehawk when it was around was that it stood as a relic from the early 2000's, like still having a working Windows XP computer. Even when I couldn't ride it anymore, it was still cool to look at through a historical lens (I also realized how compact the layout was). I'm also interested to see that area now that Flight of Fear is once again the sole coaster back there. 29 more days...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Wow, you're pretty salty about a thread that has yet to exist.

The park/board is making it clear that they are only going to allow park released info. That goes against everything the makes the decoding threads interesting. Board usage doesn't swell at those times for people to come and talk about the latest press release. 

I may be wrong but is there a difference between speculating what giga is coming and where it is. Once we know a coaster is coming I do not see anything wrong with seeing pics of the construction site. We know what we are getting. I think this may be a lets not share the updated to ITL street because obviously the park wants to keep it under wraps. The park can't help people seeing track being made a CSF. Idk im just talking now lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I may be wrong but is there a difference between speculating what giga is coming and where it is. Once we know a coaster is coming I do not see anything wrong with seeing pics of the construction site. We know what we are getting. I think this may be a lets not share the updated to ITL street because obviously the park wants to keep it under wraps. The park can't help people seeing track being made a CSF. Idk im just talking now lol

Apparently they are now not allowing pics of the Firehawk site either. Will CSF pics be next? What about legally obtained site plans? Censorship is a slippery slope. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

This conversation already has its' own thread.  But I will just enjoy what information we get as it comes.  I think it is common courtesy to abide with the park's wishes on a public forum.  Private exchanges, I have no issues with.

Actually that thread was about international street. Not allowing pics from the Firehawk plot is a new issue that the mods did not inform the GP of. 

2 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Actually that thread was about international street. Not allowing pics from the Firehawk plot is a new issue that the mods did not inform the GP of. 

I was referring to the "censorship" that you conjecture is happening.  That is bigger than the Firehawk land and IS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I was referring to the "censorship" that you conjecture is happening.  That is bigger than the Firehawk land and IS.

Thats not conjecture. It's really happening. The mods have admitted that the park has asked them to remove posts. Previously, it was said it was just about IS. 

I mean, none of this is our intellectual property. The park has the right to ask the site to take down any spy photos of unfinished projects. KIC has decided to respect their wishes. We are guests at this forum. We don't pay the bills for it and we are not the ones who have to deal with the park. These are the rules we as guests have been asked to follow by those who do. Respectfully, we are all adults here. We can either act like it and move on with maturity or we could be a bunch of children and continue beating a dead horse. 

• Like 3

Stated by me in the other thread, but need repeated I guess.

• If the park is closed to the public then the park requests that any aerial or other shots of the park come from them not any other source be it plane, drone, etc. 

https://kicentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34208-i-street-pictures-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=812595

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JubJester said:

@fryoj You can still talk about things without needing drone or plane photos. What would you gain in discussion from seeing a flat piece of land? Nothing. Everything will be okay without seeing it.

Actually I've seen the photos. There are a couple interesting things that can be surmised from them, but I'm still not sure if we can talk about the photos. I asked in another thread and did not get an answer.  

And, it's not about these photos. If you go back through my posts you can see where I think the issues will be down the road. Even the mods will admit they don't know how they'll be asked to enforce things in the future. A former mod even said they've been told to do worse. That concerns me as this has always been the best source of KI info. If we can only talk about official park released info, I already follow their FB and Twitter accounts. 

3 hours ago, Joshua said:

I mean, none of this is our intellectual property. The park has the right to ask the site to take down any spy photos of unfinished projects. KIC has decided to respect their wishes. We are guests at this forum. We don't pay the bills for it and we are not the ones who have to deal with the park. These are the rules we as guests have been asked to follow by those who do. Respectfully, we are all adults here. We can either act like it and move on with maturity or we could be a bunch of children and continue beating a dead horse. 

I have not broken any site rules. I have not been disrespectful. I've asked legitimate questions. Some have been answered, some have not been. This situation is changing, so to ask for further clarification is fair. Last week, Firehawk photos were ok. This week they aren't. They've deleted the photos and the discussion about them. That's been clarified. Earlier aerials and the O'Rourke demolition photos have not been deleted. Those were not released by the park either and are against the rules as have been recently explained. They weren't against the rules at the time. Theres nothing against the rules of asking why even if we all know that question will never get answered. Why the question will never get answered is where the issue really lies. 

I could go on, but a lot of you don't seem to care. You have the option of not reading threads that contain things that might ruin your surprise. I'd say you could ignore my posts, but it doesn't seem to be an option any more. 

• Like 2