Firehawk Leaving Kings Island 10/28/18

care, hence my post earlier in this thread (I think now moved) trying to daylight some of the unstated rules that exist here.  Anything to get everyone on the same page is a good thing.

However, it seems that asking questions is deemed by the crowd as "disrespectful" to the mods, so I just stopped.  I'll wait a month until the park is open and then it is fair game, until the rules change again...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I thought there was a fairly recent satellite image on this thread that showed the Firehawk plot of land with the coaster being completely gone, but I cannot find it anymore so must have been removed

I looked at ever page back to page 6. I did not see this photo. Also, looking at all those pages, not one post has been removed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Just google “sixohdieselrage instagram” and you will see the aerial photos. I understand not posting international street photos. I don’t see why Firehawk photos are not allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the park said so and if you guys continue to do as you are instructed not to do, then KIC is no longer going to get the information that they do get.

Believe it or not, the people on this forum are a vast minority of the parks guests, nor are they the target guest.  Not saying they don't value you as a customer, but giving additional information to KIC is not going to cost them a significant portion of their profits.  

• Like 4

Thinking further about it, suppose local media checks KIC (they do), they see an aerial photo and pick up on something that may not have been released by the park...don’t ya think that would create an issue/more work for the park? Knowing the Cincinnati media, I wouldn’t put it past them to blow something way out of proportion which then forces the park to make some kind of statement way before they are ready, before things may be completely confirmed, etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

This whole situation bothers me. And I know the moderators and @Dane will do what is best for us. I trust them. 

Pretty much whenever anything a certain somebody doesn't like something that is posted anywhere on the internet whether it be on Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and that person is anyhow traced back to being a user on KIC (or even not). KIC community will get the full blame for it. Even though that person may have asked for admin for input before posting it to our forums. In which we complied with their requests in saying no.

As long as photos are not in violation of any local or federal laws they are fair game. Inwhich mostly any shot from an airplane or helicopter is.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dane said:

As long as photos are not in violation of any local or federal laws they are fair game. Inwhich mostly any shot from an airplane or helicopter is.

Wait, now I'm legitimately confused. Is aerial photography okay or not? This statement seems to contradict everything we've been told about I-Street, Antique Cars, and Firehawk.

27 minutes ago, 139Signal27 said:

Wait, now I'm legitimately confused. Is aerial photography okay or not? This statement seems to contradict everything we've been told about I-Street, Antique Cars, and Firehawk.

Pictures that violate any law or park rule are never allowed on KIC. This would include any footage from drones as well as unauthorized photos taken from within the park when closed.

Kings Island requested that its fans also refrain from posting legal photos of the park when it's closed, including from aircraft or from nearby properties. That request applies to posts on KIC as well as to social media and other public platforms. We are not enforcing this from a moderation standpoint on KIC. That said, we anticipate that most KIC'ers will continue to comply as supporters of the park.

It's worth noting that the mods haven't censored or removed any of these photos. People complied with the request out of respect to KIC and to the park, which is deeply appreciated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 5 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

Does anyone else find it odd that the trains are still sitting there and haven't been transported to another park for parks for parts or use for the entire trains?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Carowinds runs differently designed trains than Firehawk’s are. Cedar Fair sees Six Flags as a competitor so you won’t see them at Six Flags America. Other parts of the ride have been sent to Carowinds, though.

I could foresee some of the train being used as a haunt decoration similar to how mantis at Cedar Point has the front of the train used as decor. Also would Cedar Fair really not sell the parts to six flags? I mean I know they’re competitors but if there’s potential to make money off of the trains why not?

9 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I could foresee some of the train being used as a haunt decoration similar to how mantis at Cedar Point has the front of the train used as decor. Also would Cedar Fair really not sell the parts to six flags? I mean I know they’re competitors but if there’s potential to make money off of the trains why not?

Cedar Fair would not sell the ride to Six Flags, so I doubt they would sell the trains to Six Flags.

43 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

Does anyone else find it odd that the trains are still sitting there and haven't been transported to another park for parks for parts or use for the entire trains?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seeing how they saved half of the loop I see them using them as a prop for Halloween Haunt 

37 minutes ago, matt112986 said:

I doubt Six Flags would buy the ride. When I was at Six Flags America one of their ride ops described Batwing as "Volcano broken."

Cedar Fair and Kings Island initially did consider selling Firehawk instead of scrapping it, but ruled out selling it to Six Flags almost immediately since the model is only 1 of 3 and they did not want a rival chain having that unique coaster.

4 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Cedar Fair and Kings Island initially did consider selling Firehawk instead of scrapping it, but ruled out selling it to Six Flags almost immediately since the model is only 1 of 3 and they did not want a rival chain having that unique coaster.

I doubt Six would want an old, maintenance heavy and inferior model while they already have one with significant problems. Do you have a source that shows Cedar Fair was selling it and Six was actually interested in buying? I could see them being interested in the parts.

45 minutes ago, matt112986 said:

I doubt Six would want an old, maintenance heavy and inferior model while they already have one with significant problems. Do you have a source that shows Cedar Fair was selling it and Six was actually interested in buying? I could see them being interested in the parts.

The full quote from Mr. Koontz is, "We had, as you mentioned, two options. One was demolish it, two, sell it...Because we do consider Six Flags to be, in some ways, a competitor and because that’s such a unique ride, we said, 'We’re not going to sell it to Six Flags.'" 

2 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

The full quote from Mr. Koontz is, "We had, as you mentioned, two options. One was demolish it, two, sell it...Because we do consider Six Flags to be, in some ways, a competitor and because that’s such a unique ride, we said, 'We’re not going to sell it to Six Flags.'" 

That doesn't indicate Six Flags wanted it, just that they couldn't buy it. It also gives no indication if Six Flags would rebuild it or just scrap it for parts.

9 minutes ago, matt112986 said:

That doesn't indicate Six Flags wanted it, just that they couldn't buy it. It also gives no indication if Six Flags would rebuild it or just scrap it for parts.

I never said Six Flags wanted it, just that Cedar Fair and Kings Island ruled out selling it to Six Flags, just as they ruled out relocating it to another Cedar Fair park, etc. Sorry if I wasn’t as clear before.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@MDMC01 In an effort to not derail the decoding thread, I’m moving the conversation over here. I had forgotten the reason that X-Flight and Batwing were designed with the GAU (Guest Automation Unit) motors on the train was so that they could be lowered on the lift. They ran into issues with this so that idea was scraped by Six Flags. https://youtu.be/qrhcVrKJnVI

The whole system (both types) that raises and lowers the train is known as the GAU. If there were an issue with the GAU motor (or pin, which locks each row into the prone position), it would force an evacuation. It’s way easier to evacuate from the station than the lift. 

It looks like Vekoma has been working on some new ideas for their flying coaster model for a while:

https://youtu.be/nO5we1Xmiqc

https://rcdb.com/15201.htm

• Like 2

• 3 months later...