Firehawk Leaving Kings Island 10/28/18

When you get down by the Little Miami River, you run into a lot of environmental issues.  I doubt any coaster will get close to that river.  This rumored coaster or any future coaster that Kings Island may install.

Maybe... maybe not. You never know how EPA will react. This would give it a ton of length. We need both wood and steel length records... just because...
  • Like 2

Its not just the EPA.  The Little Miami River is a State and National Scenic River.  I am sure that carries its own set of regulations.  I for one do not think that the park needs any kind of records.  Records can be over rated.  I can have a ton of fun riding the Tornado at Stricker`s Grove, which has no records.  A coaster does not need to have one of the superlatives (tallest, fastest, longest, steepest, etc.) to be a fun ride.  Case in point: Mystic Timbers.  Not a record breaking coaster, but a fun ride.

• Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:40 AM, sixohdieselrage said:

I posted this picture in the Giga Speculation thread as well, but I feel its appropriate for this thread also. Here is a good picture of the land behind Firehawk, all the way to the LM River.  Quite a bit of space though. LRM_EXPORT_431902625432931_20190107_093840006.jpeg

Also, @Fye Coasters, I'd guess around the 350ft mark, as did @flightoffear1996.

Pretty sure I recognize that wing strut... :-D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For sure! I would stay on main roads and and only take pics if I can stop! I will say that I have done my fair share of trespassing during my years. I go to old abandoned placed and shoot video. its the people that destroy things and vandalize that ruin it for other who just want to look and explore.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Same goes with taking Firehawk photos from the ground. 

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

For sure! I would stay on main roads and and only take pics if I can stop! I will say that I have done my fair share of trespassing during my years. I go to old abandoned placed and shoot video. its the people that destroy things and vandalize that ruin it for other who just want to look and explore.

Or do what I did, and just go into the left back parking lot of Great Wolf Lodge. Got great shots of Firehawk and the new dorm building. Highly recommend, for the view and the fact it is legal and safe to take photos there. 

Also think there is a lot more of the drop gone based off my photo. The only pieces of it left are the ones connected to the support beams.

Edit: I'll share those the construction for the dorm rooms soon.

• Like 4