secretcoasternerd 8/19/18 trip

secretcoasternerd

I know this trip was a month ago now, but I'm new here and saw this forum and thought it would be a good way to introduce myself! Dayton area born and raised, grew up on trips to KI, but absolutely HATED coasters until about '09. Now I've done a complete 180 and can't get enough!

Spent the day at Kings Island on August 19th with my mom and brother, which is notable because, while my brother loves coasters like me, my mom had sworn off coasters since "feeling like she was going to die" while riding SOB in '00 or '01.

Our ride count was pretty good considering we were only there for a few hours: Diamondback x1, Mystic Timbers x2, The Beast x2, backlot x1, The Bat x2, Banshee x3, congo falls x1

Got mom to ride mystic, backlot, and bat with us, and she actually enjoyed those a lot so we'll definitely need to bring her back next year! I know some people aren't the biggest fans of mystic, but it's one of the most fun rides I've ever been on and I really have a new appreciation for how rides like mystic (and backlot, bat, racers, etc.) create a better experience for families like mine.

The most eventful part of the day has to be our second ride on mystic; the ride broke down and we got stuck in the shed for 20+ minutes! A dozen plus rides on mystic, and now a 20 minute stint in the shed, and I STILL haven't heard Hall & Oates.

That was gonna be our last visit of the season, but now with an imminent coaster removal, we are planning to go back this fall to get in last rides. I've only ever ridden Firehawk twice, and it looks like my third time might be my last! I'd also like to spend some time riding some of the smaller flat rides, I've come to the realization that I've never ridden any of them and don't even know their names.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, secretcoasternerd said:

I know this trip was a month ago now, but I'm new here and saw this forum and thought it would be a good way to introduce myself! Dayton area born and raised, grew up on trips to KI, but absolutely HATED coasters until about '09. Now I've done a complete 180 and can't get enough!

Spent the day at Kings Island on August 19th with my mom and brother, which is notable because, while my brother loves coasters like me, my mom had sworn off coasters since "feeling like she was going to die" while riding SOB in '00 or '01.

Our ride count was pretty good considering we were only there for a few hours: Diamondback x1, Mystic Timbers x2, The Beast x2, backlot x1, The Bat x2, Banshee x3, congo falls x1

Got mom to ride mystic, backlot, and bat with us, and she actually enjoyed those a lot so we'll definitely need to bring her back next year! I know some people aren't the biggest fans of mystic, but it's one of the most fun rides I've ever been on and I really have a new appreciation for how rides like mystic (and backlot, bat, racers, etc.) create a better experience for families like mine.

The most eventful part of the day has to be our second ride on mystic; the ride broke down and we got stuck in the shed for 20+ minutes! A dozen plus rides on mystic, and now a 20 minute stint in the shed, and I STILL haven't heard Hall & Oates.

That was gonna be our last visit of the season, but now with an imminent coaster removal, we are planning to go back this fall to get in last rides. I've only ever ridden Firehawk twice, and it looks like my third time might be my last! I'd also like to spend some time riding some of the smaller flat rides, I've come to the realization that I've never ridden any of them and don't even know their names.

Hi welcome! Ki is one of my favorite parks! I am only 15 mins from the park. What was your favorite coaster there? 

-Josh