Tunnels or Not?

PKICoasterFreek

I really woud like to see some tunnel put on SoN so it ill add some mystery to the ride, becuase it's not as fun if you can see whats comin next on it. The tunnel are one of the best parts on Beast, in my opinion.

Some places to put the tunnels, defiantly on he big helixs and at the bottem of the drop and maybe a couple of other places.

What do you think?

I think they should put one on both helixes and somewhere else, not really sure where. I agree that one of my favorite parts on The Beast is the tunnel on the helix. I also think maybe they should look for a different place for a tunnel, so that it doesn't seem like they used the exact same spots as The Beast.

it isn't the tunnels that will make the ride, but insteat the trees. But getting the trees big enough for the ride is gonna take some time, unless they start transplanting trees from The Beast area of the park. I don't think tunnels are going to make SoB any better.

SoB should definantly have tunnel some where! I has to! You know how most children look pretty alike to the parent?

Well, SoB must be adopted, because he doen't look too much like Beast. SoN needs to have some charatureistics of Beast and Tunnels would be the easiest thing to do.

Let's Give SoB a piece of the genetic code!! And help him in the heriditary problems!! LOL biggrin.gif

who wants two coasters that are so alike its scary? Adding Tunnels to SoB is not gonna make the ride any better. It has never had any tunnels and doesn't need them now. nearly Identitical coasters would not be any fun to ride. SoB needs something else with it, and tunnels aren't the answer. If they want to do something fun, build a new coaster, and make it intertwine with SoB. Now that would be neat wood vs. Steel.

Ok, first of all "better" is an opinion word, it doesn't matter when someone uses " better becuase it wha they think!!

See exactly we both have our ideas of would would be cool or "better", an yes you are right, SoB is a great ride, but i must differ with you on the pert where you said" SoB and Beast are almost exacly alike. SoB is a heck off a lot taller, it's faster, and it has more the one helix and the worlds only wooden loop, so I don't exactly think using " alike" in discribing the relationship between SoB and Beast.

But they are alike. If you took SoB, made the hill shorter, removed the loop and added tunnels what would you have?.....................Beast. So why add tunnels at all? If the rides aren't individual enough, then its not fun anymore. Judging from the lines for both rides, I don't think SoB needs tunnels. Its line is never really short, and its still very popular. If its popularity ever died, or diminished, then adding tunnels might be a good idea, in order to revive its life, but at this point in time, I don't think its one of those, "oh it has to have tunnels" type of things.

I don't think that anyone was saying that adding tunnels would make the ride more popular, just an improvement. And I don't think that adding tunnels will boost its popularity at all. Personally, I like tunnels and think SOB needs at least one, probably on the first helix.

One tunnel might be alright, but I think having more than one is part of the problem with The Beast. You can't see anything! I would rather see a tree on a near miss go whizzing by at 60 something miles per hour, than some tunnel, which I am not going to hit no matter what happens. give it 30 years when all the trees grow in around soB and everything looks great!

The one thing that I feel Son of Beast is missing is a tunnel or two. I think a tunnel over part of the first helix would be fun. I however really wouldn`t want to see a tunnel at the bottom of the 214 foot drop because you would only be in the tunnel for a second. I think they could add a tunnel on the drop or hill right after the station since that area seems to be on the slow and boring side, and that would make the on ride photo a little bit more of a surprise. I don`t think they`ll add tunnels any time soon though.

what can i say...dual tunnels at the bottom of the first helix would be AMAZING. tunnels at the end of the ride where the track kind of does a 270 degree turn out of the second helix would be nice too.

its such a shame that the trees are going to take a while to grow back...plus, tree growth may not be allowed around the lift hill area. the landscaping on The Beast is what makes it such a classic

They could always transplant trees from other areas of the park to help it along. It takes time, but can be done. This is how the City of Cincinnati gets its Xmas tree for fountain square each year. It is dug out of someone's yard, then when Xmas is over, it gets replanted in a City park.

Adding tunnels to SoB is a must! One of the defining features of The Beast is the tunnels so why not SoB? I guess the argument could be made that SoB is trying to be orginal. Tunnels, in my mind, seem to an easy feature to add without changing the rides characteristics and track layout. If it was my desision, which it is not, I would add tunnels for 04.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a tunnel at the base of the first drop would be great, just for the tie in to The Beast name, even if it doesn't go underground. The hole in the ground look would still be there, it's 218 feet, how big could a twelve foot tall tunnel look. One in the first helix would be great too, it's the one that goes the same direction as dad's, once again nostalgia has to rule. Please don't darn me, I know they are different rides, but the name is still there. But a tunnel anywhere near the loop would be appalling, the whole point of that drop is the feeling you get when you look up and see that magnificent loop for the first time. Think how you felt the first time you realized you were about to go upside down on a wooden roller coaster for the first time. Forget the rest of the ride. Yes it has rough spots, but that LOOP, isn't that amaizing enough. Yes a few tunnels would make it more like it's namesake, but why do we all criticise this incredible ride. No work of art is perfect, look at the Mona Lisa's nose. All works of art have flaws but they are still priceless, Sonny is just the same and we should all start to thank PKI for giving us this incredible machine instead of picking it apart and deciding how we could make it better. biggrin.gif

I think those spots you mentioned would be perfect for tunnels. I also think that they shoud add a tunnel somewhere on the hills before the lift, because they seem to be so slow paced. I know the ride was designed to have tunnels added. I just wish that PKI would add some to it so that it would be more like its father. That`s the one element I feel it is missing. Also, it would give me another reason to ride SoB. After the past two rides I`ve taken on SoB, I`ve had little reason to want to ride it again as I`ve been beaten alive on it!

• 8 years later...