Jump to content
MisterSG1

How is the Haunt conducted at KI?

Recommended Posts

I am just wondering this as an outsider.....I'll admit that since I'm back in school, I decided to for the fun of it, be involved with this year's Haunt event at Canada's Wonderland.

I noticed that on the website, it doesn't show a time when the park closes during the day. Does the Haunt just begin after 6PM, or is there a time when they have to remove everyone.

Your haunt is 7 hours long, our Haunt is only 5 hours long, in my opinion it's kind of unacceptable and on busier nights makes it practically impossible to get to every maze without fright lane.

Do the Haunt Ushers carry the same yellow picket signs to indicate where a line starts for a maze like at Wonderland? I am just curious about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at Kings Island yesterday, and they didn't close when Haunt began. Basically at 6pm, the monsters come out, the Haunts open, and the fog machines turned on. They did begin warning people at 5pm though over the intercoms with a pre-recorded voice-over by "The Ringmaster", and again 30 and 15 minutes before Haunt. As far as I know, only Planet Snoopy actually closes when Haunt starts. Anyone in the park when Haunt starts can do Haunt, though I would not recommend it for young children (though sadly I did see quite a few at Haunt yesterday).

I didn't actually do any of the Haunted Houses, though, as those are not really my thing. I was too busy getting epic night rides on Beast, Mystic Timbers, and Diamondback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

I was at Kings Island yesterday, and they didn't close when Haunt began. Basically at 6pm, the monsters come out, the Haunts open, and the fog machines turned on. They did begin warning people at 5pm though over the intercoms with a pre-recorded voice-over by "The Ringmaster", and again 30 and 15 minutes before Haunt. As far as I know, only Planet Snoopy actually closes when Haunt starts. Anyone in the park when Haunt starts can do Haunt, though I would not recommend it for young children (though sadly I did see quite a few at Haunt yesterday).

In my maze, I counted two parents pushing a stroller through a maze, I mean seriously. Planet Snoopy and KidZVille are also barred off during the Haunt here as well.

Haunt begins like a second opening of the park here, with another rope drop that takes place.

I did warn against people going through mazes with a "no boo" necklace, but almost all went through still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We entered Urgent Scare immediately behind a group where one woman was carrying a literal infant. 

They were no longer ahead of us as we exited the maze, so I am assuming at some point someone (probably the infant) finally figured out that something designed to be frightening might actually be too scary for a baby and they emergency exited...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question about Haunt...my oldest boy turns 9 on Saturday and asked to go to KI with Fast Lane passes in lieu of a birthday party...he loves roller coasters so I know he's going to have a blast like we always do, but I was curious as to whether or not he's too young to stay for Haunt. I doubt we'd go through any of the attractions, but just the characters out in general. Thoughts? We've never stayed late enough to see any of that stuff with our kiddos in tow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KImom said:

Question about Haunt...my oldest boy turns 9 on Saturday and asked to go to KI with Fast Lane passes in lieu of a birthday party...he loves roller coasters so I know he's going to have a blast like we always do, but I was curious as to whether or not he's too young to stay for Haunt. I doubt we'd go through any of the attractions, but just the characters out in general. Thoughts? We've never stayed late enough to see any of that stuff with our kiddos in tow.

You might get a boo necklace and avoid scare zones. My biggest concern was the dense fog and not many lights on in the park. You need to keep that in mind.  Each child is different on what they can handle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw kids there on Saturday as well.. le sigh...

While in line for Killmart, some little girl was scared to death to go in with the rest of her family, so after persuading her didn't work, one of the (non-Scareactor) greeters took her to the exit (where she'd wait for the rest of her group). However, the zombie in the wheelchair still honked his horn at her and she ran lol :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KImom said:

Question about Haunt...my oldest boy turns 9 on Saturday and asked to go to KI with Fast Lane passes in lieu of a birthday party...he loves roller coasters so I know he's going to have a blast like we always do, but I was curious as to whether or not he's too young to stay for Haunt. I doubt we'd go through any of the attractions, but just the characters out in general. Thoughts? We've never stayed late enough to see any of that stuff with our kiddos in tow.

My 5 year old girl enjoys the haunted houses, never know unless you try

She wore her cat costume and had her face painted at Ki to match. Some people thought she was working.

20180929_155329.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

My 5 year old girl enjoys the haunted houses, never know unless you try

She wore her cat costume and had her face painted at Ki to match. Some people thought she was working.

20180929_155329.jpg

We have a strict policy at Canada’s Wonderland that guests are not to be in costumes during Halloween Haunt, I assume it’s the same there as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MisterSG1 said:

We have a strict policy at Canada’s Wonderland that guests are not to be in costumes during Halloween Haunt, I assume it’s the same there as well.

No, kids are allowed to wear costumes at haunt here

Screenshot_20181001-182126_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year I have noticed that the fights and people being straight up crazy has increased. Every haunt I went to last Saturday at some point had cops running in, lights being turned on. And at one point someone was pushed out of Wolf Pack on a stretcher. I honestly think the alcohol sales should end when haunt starts. Most of these were from people being stupid drunk. Was a shame. Because I didn’t get to go into everyone I wanted because this increased wait times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 12:58 AM, trint2004 said:

This year I have noticed that the fights and people being straight up crazy has increased. Every haunt I went to last Saturday at some point had cops running in, lights being turned on. And at one point someone was pushed out of Wolf Pack on a stretcher. I honestly think the alcohol sales should end when haunt starts. Most of these were from people being stupid drunk. Was a shame. Because I didn’t get to go into everyone I wanted because this increased wait times. 

This is why I don't like going to Haunt on Saturdays (but I do because I normally work on Friday nights). I also give kudos to and worry about the scareactors, who at best could get messed with by teens and at worst, get attacked by stupid people. Thanks to you all who are Scareactors and brave the crowds to give people a fright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 12:58 AM, trint2004 said:

This year I have noticed that the fights and people being straight up crazy has increased. Every haunt I went to last Saturday at some point had cops running in, lights being turned on. And at one point someone was pushed out of Wolf Pack on a stretcher. I honestly think the alcohol sales should end when haunt starts. Most of these were from people being stupid drunk. Was a shame. Because I didn’t get to go into everyone I wanted because this increased wait times. 

While not haunt related per say, I saw a dude in Kiddie Land with a cup of beer. Am I wrong in thinking that there are "no alcohol past this point" signs at the biergarten?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 12:58 AM, trint2004 said:

This year I have noticed that the fights and people being straight up crazy has increased. Every haunt I went to last Saturday at some point had cops running in, lights being turned on. And at one point someone was pushed out of Wolf Pack on a stretcher. I honestly think the alcohol sales should end when haunt starts. Most of these were from people being stupid drunk. Was a shame. Because I didn’t get to go into everyone I wanted because this increased wait times. 

Taking away alcohol sales will have absolutely zero impact.  When I was in Park Services, the trash cans in the parking lot and the bathrooms were full of beer cans and liquor bottles during Halloween Haunt.  If people want to drink, they'll find a way.  Don't even think about mentioning that they could up patrols in the parking lot, because it's nearly impossible to prevent.

57 minutes ago, Stoan said:

While not haunt related per say, I saw a dude in Kiddie Land with a cup of beer. Am I wrong in thinking that there are "no alcohol past this point" signs at the biergarten?

That hasn't been the policy in a long time.  Who cares if there is someone drinking beer?  It's their business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree that the best they can do is the no readmittance policy.   There are tons of clever booze smuggling products available on Amazon from the “wine rack” brassiere (25oz) with a hydration pack type hose and bite valve to the “beer belly” bladder for the guys.  Banning alcohol sales would only harm the park and responsible patrons.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really care about drinking as long as they aren't obviously drunk and being outlandish, I was just surprised someone carried it all the way to Kiddie Land and this was at 1pm on a Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That isn’t the only place you can get a beer.  Aren’t there beer carts all over the place?   I don’t pay attention to them much as I will only get a beer once or twice per season.  It was last year or the year before I think I got a beer at Rivertown Potato Works at Haunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

I am on the side of alcohol shouldn't be available inside the park at all. Too many problems associated with it, if you wanna drink go to a bar not a family park. Just how I feel? :)

I drink and agree! I've never drunk any liquor at KI, because it just doesn't seem to be the proper place for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×