Chocolatetown Coming to Hersheypark--- What do you think?

Today, Hersheypark announced their new for 2020 attraction, Chocolatetown! This new experience will feature shops, merchandise, restaurants, and of course, a B&M hyper. The site came with a timeline of Chocolatetown milestone dates, which will be posted below. What are your thoughts?

http://www.hersheypark.com/chocolatetown/

Update: On January 9, Hersheypark added another page to the Chocolatetown site. The link is attached:

http://www.hersheypark.com/chocolatetown/map.php

Screenshot 2018-10-03 at 11.18.56 AM.png

Looks like a lot of buildings.  I really like the design of some of the buildings.  Lots of wide open space.  The entrance to Hershey always seemed very constricted and narrow. 

From what I can tell, there is no mention of the name of the coaster, other than that it is their "15th coaster."

I'm kinda torn by this.  I actually really, really like HP's entrance as is.   However,  I do agree it can be improved a little bit.  I'd rather this have been a 2nd entrance than a re-vamp of the current entrance as I think HP really could use a 2nd.  A new coaster is always welcome, and I'm glad HP is acquiring surrounding land to expand upon.  It's been like pulling teeth for them. 

• Like 1

After visiting the park tonight, I can see why the new entrance is needed. It wasn't crowded at all (most waits for the coasters were 5 - 15 minutes except the coasters running 1 train like Great Bear) and getting there at opening, the line to get into the park was all the way to where the tram drop off is. It took 15 minutes which isn't terrible but on a crowded day it would probably take much longer.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...