Ideas for better Chills?

This is meant to be a companion thread to "Ideas for Better Thrills", except for the Haunt season. 

I think altering Boo Blasters for the Halloween Season might prove popular among guests- maybe add some Halloween theming and other props to make it seem like a Haunt attraction. Knotts changes their log flume to a spooky theme every Halloween season and it looks really cool. 

I always thought the pathway to The Bat would also be a cool scare zone. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Since its Halloween I thought I'd add some more ideas for Haunt seasons to come. 

1. Bring back the KI&MVRR to the Haunt roster and have the train go by scary scenes and fake buildings that can be changed for Winterfest
    1. Maybe explaining the Mystic Timbers backstory a little more
  2. Bring back Route 666 for the Antique Cars
  3. Change audio and effects on current coasters
    1. Change the music and scenes in the MT shed
    2. Change the audio on Adventure Express to something more scary
    3. Maybe alter the videos in the Flight of Fear and MT que to be consistent with the Halloween season
  4. Add a haunted house called "Revenge of the Maestro" which pays homage to the defunct Phantom Theater
  • Like 2

I remember Route 666 but never did it because the line was always hours long.  I woudl think capacity would be an issue.  What is the capacity of KIs haunted houses anyway.  I remember doing some congo lines in the past they took away any scares they had.  

I would like to see a haunted mine.  I think that there could be lots of things done with this.

I'd really like to see them bring back the train for Haunt. If there is room.

I think it would be awesome if scareactors would interact people in the queue. For example, making noises and sudden movements in the trees during the wait for Field of Screams.

Wasn't there a Santa Claus maze a couple years ago as well?

4 hours ago, JubJester said:

I'd really like to see them bring back the train for Haunt. If there is room.

I think it would be awesome if scareactors would interact people in the queue. For example, making noises and sudden movements in the trees during the wait for Field of Screams.

Funny that you mentioned that... the last time I went through Madame Fatale's (3 weeks ago?), there were 2 Scareactors working the queue line (aside from Madame/the announcer guy with chains around his neck) in the room where the "demon bat" is. The guy got me good as I wasn't expecting him to be there (as there weren't any scareactors working the lines previously) and then he was "worshipping" The Bat when it moved, IIRC.

• Like 2

^
I dunno about Diamondback, but in 2010, The Beast had fog machines and a "Beast Monster" for Haunt night rides. It was covered up in the daytime. The monster was located next to the final turn before the 2nd lift. Still one of my most memorable Beast rides to date, 8 years later.

The fog machines were back in 2014 and 2016 (the other years I have been to KI's Haunt), but no Beast monster. And in 2018, they didn't even have the fog machines, though the ride was running great so it didn't matter.

They do still add extra stuff to the que, though. In 2018 it was a Graveyard.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:43 PM, McSalsa said:

I dunno about Diamondback, but in 2010, The Beast had fog machines and a "Beast Monster" for Haunt night rides. It was covered up in the daytime. The monster was located next to the final turn before the 2nd lift. Still one of my most memorable Beast rides to date, 8 years later.

Is there a picture of this? 

I always assumed The Beast looked like this 

The Beast Complete Watermark .png

• Like 1

^
Kinda, but it was more Werewolf-like, and standing on 2 legs and "roaring". Had on a ripped up red plaid shirt if I recall (may not be 100% correct, it was 8 years ago). They had a fog machine and red lights around it as well, so it had a ominous red glow. Don't know if anyone was able to get pictures, since it was WAY back in the woods and the only way to see it would be via riding, and you can't legally take pictures while riding coasters at Kings Island. And I dunno if they did any Beast backstage tours during Haunt 2010.

Also, even though it is not 100% what I saw, that pic of what Beast apparently looks like is awesome IMO.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...