Kings Island: 50 Years of Memories Documentary Film

KI50Movie_Official

Hello KIC members. We are happy to announce that Kings Island has greenlighted our project "Kings Island: 50 Years of Memories". We know many of you are thinking right now "Wait, Kings Island hasn't been open for 50 years?" and you are correct. In order for our project to be completed in time for the premiere in the Spring of 2022, we must get things started. Making a film can be a long tedious process. The distinction of our documentary is the backdrop will comprise of home movies provided by past employees, industry leaders, and park guests. Many of these old clips are 8mm and Super 8 film that will be restored to the highest quality possible and upscaled to current standards. This type of restoration is a long and detailed process as we go frame by frame.  Kings Island is very excited about this project just as we are. We hope you will share this information with friends and family who grew up going to Kings Island.

KI50movieLOGOSM.png

Click here to submit your home movies or photographs of Kings Island

KI50Movie Facebook Page  

Make sure to follow our hashtag #KI50movie 

We will leave you with this quick presentation/teaser trailer we put together. We hope you enjoy it! 

https://youtu.be/bLvZEc8cxNY

***UPDATE  11/22/18

Just wanted to provide an update on the project. 

• The film is now listed on IMDB along with the poster for the film.  Click Here
  • Our diverse team has grown to 17 wonderful and talented people.
  • Our website is currently being built and should be up soon.   www.KI50MOVIE.com
  • We are currently working on multiple pre-production chores and finalizing our fundraising campaign.  Look and listen for us on tri-state radio and television programs promoting the project over the winter. 
  • We are still in need of home movies and photos from over the years. (You must be the owner or have the rights to any submissions. Please do not submit photos or video you found on the internet)
  • We will be announcing an open call for former employees of Kings Island in hope to start filming interviews during the summer of 2019 and 2020. (Unfortunately, current employees of Cedar Fair will not be able to be interviewed)
  • We updated the project logo....Look at the beginning of the post 

• Like 20

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
How is the project going? I tried to go.to the site to.submit my pics and videos but it just said cannot find.

Things are still moving along, we have completed a couple of interviews with some more lined up this month. We will have a bigger update at Coasterstock this year.
It’s possible you tried to access the site earlier when we were performing some housekeeping on the website. Everything should be back up now.
You can follow the link below for material submissions to the project. Thanks

www.ki50movie.com/submit-content/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
26 minutes ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

Now where can I watch this?

Was this ever finished? I was under the impression the project was cancelled. The Facebook page disappeared a while back and the Twitter page (@ki50movie) has been re-named "DELETE."  

3 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Was this ever finished? I was under the impression the project was cancelled. The Facebook page disappeared a while back and the Twitter page (@ki50movie) has been re-named "DELETE."  

Oh wow really? That surprises me since all the years leading up to it, they were promoting it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd contacted the filmmaker when he was looking for help years back, and was tentatively going to be helping with some writing for it. But then I was told he was taking a more personal approach, so the help wasn't needed. But then it seemed that he got a bit too busy and, as others have said, I think COVID made things worse. 

A shame. I love the books that were recently written, but a visual look at everything would have been wonderful. 

• 2 weeks later...
I really hope another crack at this can be made. This would have been a really cool watch. Maybe someday. 

I still have material archived. Unfortunately Covid wrecked havoc on the vision I had for the film. It was to include a lot of in person interviews that were not possible at that time. By the time things started to clear up there was no way of completing the project in time for the 50th season. Also funding dried up, I was unable to secure more funding to help with production costs and material. All I can say now is it would have to be the right time and situation, but never say never. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...