Prices

bradb055

I just want to see what people who attend PKI on a regular basis think of their prices. Please let me know about your other experinces with other parks and their pricing. How does PKI stack up against other parks in the region and out of the region?

I can tell you for a fact anything in Orlando (Disney, Islands of Adventures, Universal Studios) are all expensive.

Edited by Bradb055

The ticket prices are ok, it is the parking, food, drink. etc. that are outrageous. If you break it down, a one day ticket is $30 and if you divide that by 12 hours, it is only $2.50 per hour- not too bad. Parking is $9.00, a water is $2.50 out of a machine, a burger is $7.00 etc- yikes.

PKI's prices are not high if you compare them to other parks, they are average, it is just that all the parks are high. But it is just not the amusement industry, sporting events, places of histrorical intrest all have very high prices. I used to own a business that dealt with food and drink and it is not that expensive (a case of 40 1/4 lbs burgers was only $45, and the buns were $3.50 for 18).

Like the old saying goes; "you have to pay to play", if I hated the prices that much I wouldn't go, yet I still do. You just have to find ways to cut corners and save money like: bring your own food and drink and leave it in your car, refill plastic bottles with water, etc.

Corrections, ticket prices are normally $42.99-ish and a bottle of water is $2.75 out of a machine as with a bottle of pop.

It seems weird that water/pop used to cost $2.50, then a few years ago they bumped it all up to $3.00 a bottle, but sales dropped. Then they dropped the price back down to $2.50. Now, they are back up to $2.75.

I would consider an amusement park just like a vacation spot. If you go to Hilton Head Island, you may know what I mean. There are people that LIVE on the island, and there are people that VISIT the island. If you've ever been there, everything is fairly expensive - golf, hotels or condos, food, and "fun stuff."

The people that live there learn how to be thrifty and not spend much. The people that visit there for vacation purposes are willing to shell out more money since it is a vacation.

I would consider amusement parks the exact same. There are people who go to PKI as a vacation (just as we may visit CP for two days as a vacation) and stay at the PKI hotel (whatever it is called) and are willing to shell out the bucks for the food and games. Then there is us, we visit PKI on almost a semi-regular basis. Some of us may have learned to be somewhat thrifty at the park - bringing our own food, getting a season pass, ordering tickets online (or if you're like me, from AAA), and stuff like that.