How Much Longer For Boo Blasters On Boo Hill?

kingsislandfan1972

Simple question, how much longer do you think that Boo Blasters On Boo Hill will be at Kings Island? In my opinion when I went this weekend, it was even worse than last year the guns barely worked and some of the props in the ride didn’t even move or interact with being shot at. I wonder if Kings Island has any plans for this ride, possibly we can see it return as a dark non-shooting ride in the future but what do you all think?

• Like 1

One more season is too long. Boo Blasters on Boo Hill is a genericized Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle which itselfdebuted in 2003. Yes, 2003.

Something of Phantom Theater quality would be much appreciated although I think it may be time to do something outside of the "spooky" category which they've been doing since 1992.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

One more season is too long. Boo Blasters on Boo Hill is a genericized Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle which itselfdebuted in 2003. Yes, 2003.

Something of Phantom Theater quality would be much appreciated although I think it may be time to do something outside of the "spooky" category which they've been doing since 1992.

How about a Space themed dark ride, including the moon planets and aliens? 

Lol I’m just spouting out a possible idea.

• Like 2

But if that would be true wouldn’t Phantom Theater been a copy of The Haunted Mansion?

No. Phantom Theater had original characters and isn’t even in the same realm as haunted mansion.

In haunted mansion the ghosts are meant to look like real people. Phantom theater didn’t have that.

I think that if KI were to get a new dark ride then it would be from triotech and probably go into the crypt building in order to have more space to work with. I say triotech because if I'm remembering right, Cedar Fair said something a year or two ago about wanting to have a triotech ride in all of its parks in the next couple of years. This would kind of leave Boo Blasters being obsolete in the park itself so i think that they would just remove it. The issue is that I have no clue what they could replace it with since they cant really tear down the building since its also used for some storage space in the non-ride part of the building

• 4 weeks later...

snoopy dog house a nice relaxing dark rode that changes with seasons snd Charlie brown n gang.. 

then a new dark ride in rivertown that you shooting style.. 

I think ki could use dome dark and or indoor outdoor rides.  Fortunate to have Flight of Fear  

look to Knotts now their version of white water canyon getting a great new upgrade and story line..

• Like 1

Are you sure it would cost a fortune? 

Fortnight is a free game, perhaps they would be for copromotion.

They aren’t going to let you theme a ride to something so popular for free. It isn’t going to happen. The more popular it is, the more it costs.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I like to think that Boo Blasters was meant to just be a quick and easy cover for Scooby Doo- a lot of the props that weren't Scooby Doo themed stayed the way they were and other parts were easily replaced. This was a simple concept that was applied to all of the now defunct Scooby Doo rides.

I think its up to the park on what they want to do with the ride. With the rate KI is bringing back old favorites- eagles, antiques, Winterfest, The Bat, etc I wouldn't put it past the park to bring back Phantom Theater in some form or another.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On November 26, 2018 at 2:03 PM, SonofBaconator said:

With the rate KI is bringing back old favorites- eagles, antiques, Winterfest, The Bat, etc I wouldn't put it past the park to bring back Phantom Theater in some form or another.  

I hope the tradition continues. If not Phantom Theater, at the very least, it'd be cool to see Enchanted Voyage back from the dead. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Do kids still like the lazer tag experience? I know indoor lazer tag places are popular, but you can freely move around the room. For BBOBH you're constrained to a vehicle so if you're a seasoned rider, it gets... repetitive. 

I know everyone wants to bring back Phantom Theater or have a themed dark ride replace the decade old attaction, but what's the ROI? I feel like we'll have people complain that you can't shoot the ghosts anymore if they overhauled the building.

The Justice League dark rides as well as Ghostwood Estate at Kennywood are far better examples of laser shooting dark rides than Boo Blasters.  Try one of those out before being judgmental on those kinds of dark rides.  

Boo Blasters is pretty much reduced to amateur hour. 

• Like 1

If Boo Blasters had been properly maintained it would not be in the state of ire it is in now. At this point Kings Island can leave it as it is, renovate it, or replace it. Had you asked me a couple of years ago I would have said they would leave it no doubt, but with the current trend of renovations in the park I am slightly more hopeful that they will do something with it.

• Like 1

Boo Blasters bores the heck out of me, and I always compare it to the better rides that were there (I'm old enough to remember Smurf's Enchanted Voyage and Phantom Theater, both of which I love). 

However, my kids LOVE it. It's their favorite ride in the park because it's fun/scary to them. My son loves to shoot the ghosts and my daughter loves that it makes her feel brave. There's a part of me that wants to say 'get this ride out of here' and another part of me that would hate to see it go because my kids love it so much. Then again, I sometimes feel like if they'd had a chance to enjoy Phantom Theater, they would also be bored by Boo Blasters. 

But in the end, it's kind of silly for adults to call for the park to change a kid ride because we're not the target audience for this particular attraction. I'd be curious to know what the ridership for it is ... it always has a pretty good line when we go there. 

• Like 1