How Much Longer For Boo Blasters On Boo Hill?

kingsislandfan1972

21 hours ago, Phantom Theater said:

I highly doubt Universal will EVER give up their Marvel properties, no matter how big the check is. WDW cannot use any of the properties that Universal uses. Those properties are Spider-man, Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four, and the Marvel name (which can't be used in any attraction name, WDW or Disneyland). Disney is free to use any other Marvel properties, such as Guardians of the Galaxy, which I believe they are installing at one of the WDW parks. 

Losing Marvel Super Hero Island at Islands of Adventure would be a huge blow for Universal Orlando, especially since Spider-man is probably one of Universal greatest rides and would make the transition to Toon Lagoon awkward. Unless they have an IP as strong as Marvel to fill it with (Lord of the Rings??), I think Universal will hold that contract very close to them for a long time.

The former Universe of Energy/Ellen's Energy Adventure building at Epcot is in the middle of a multi year refurb to the Guardians of the Galaxy indoor coaster. The Tower of Terror in DL was changed over to the Guardians a couple years ago and the orig FL one was almost given the same treatment until wider minds prevailed.  There has been talk of turning the former Wonders of Life building into Wakanda and inserting a Black Panther attraction where Body Wars used to be.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gabe said:

The former Universe of Energy/Ellen's Energy Adventure building at Epcot is in the middle of a multi year refurb to the Guardians of the Galaxy indoor coaster. The Tower of Terror in DL was changed over to the Guardians a couple years ago and the orig FL one was almost given the same treatment until wider minds prevailed.  There has been talk of turning the former Wonders of Life building into Wakanda and inserting a Black Panther attraction where Body Wars used to be.

Yeah, I am looking forward to the new Marvel stuff they use at WDW -- they just can't use the properties Universal uses or the Marvel name. DL can use those properties, just not the Marvel name. I don't think Universal will ever give those properties up for the reasons in my original post.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 10:40 PM, SonofBaconator said:

It was a huge shame when they put the TVs in. It ruins the atmosphere now.

You know, if they turn it back to the Phantom Theater, the TVs could showcase acts different that you'll see during the ride. Or they could do something similar to some of the changing portraits from the Haunted Mansion. Just a thought. :)

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 10/13/2020 at 6:46 AM, Dj325 said:

You know, if they turn it back to the Phantom Theater, the TVs could showcase acts different that you'll see during the ride. Or they could do something similar to some of the changing portraits from the Haunted Mansion. Just a thought. :)

That is a great idea, hopefully this will happen some time in the 2020's. But I honestly think we are going to be stuck with Boo Blasters for at least a couple more years.

• 2 years later...

I rode the boo blaster at Carowinds and while I can't speak for CW or KD I can say the Carowinds one seems better maintained and the scoring system is better. It shows that boo blaster at KI was a repurposed Omni mover formerly known as phantom Theater. I have thought all year that maintenance on boo blaster at KI has been bad with a lot of animatronics and strobe lights not working, guns not working, scoring system not registering type issues. 

• Like 1

Visited the park earlier this week and gave it a few rides (it's one of my kids' favorite rides). I felt like the sets got some care this year -- I'd never noticed the fireplace effect before (maybe I just wasn't paying attention) and I like the lighting changes in the stretch with the skeletons. But it's still such an underwhelming ride, and much of that is due to the fact that the blasters are so unreliable. I'd say 90% of the time, my blaster didn't work. Really frustrating. 

I know people want to see Phantom Theater come back (we saw the last performance of Phantom Theater: Encore, and I was kind of hoping maybe there'd be a surprise announcement at the end of it), and I wouldn't be surprised if KI was mulling some sort of change back to that -- you'll never get the original ride with the animatronics and things like that. But I think you could eventually see an updated take on that idea with some of the characters. But every park seems to love these shooter rides -- and I get it; there's a lot of re-ridability in that. But after visiting Universal last year and riding Men in Black, anything else seems kind of routine. I wish they'd make a blaster ride with some of that speed and spinning. The slow crawl of Boo Blasters is really dull. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

It's 2024, I'm surprised Boo Blasters is still around since I made this post in 2018, fingers crossed something new is coming within this decade.

Fingers crossed it happens in the next two years. It’s waaaaaay overdue for an overhaul. The ride looks pretty terrible (effects, guns, etc.) and the park could do incredible things with that space. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

Fingers crossed it happens in the next two years. It’s waaaaaay overdue for an overhaul. The ride looks pretty terrible (effects, guns, etc.) and the park could do incredible things with that space. 

agreed. they dont even have to change it back to phantom theater or scooby if they really dont wanna, but that place has too much space being wasted. it has all the potential in the world to be an awesome kiddie ride if they would just upgrade some things on it. the shooters so they actually work, the decor so it doesnt look like some neon paint slapped on random backdrops.  

6 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

I agree I feel like Kings Island has a plan for the building... *cough* Phantom Theater returns *cough*

• Like 1