A blast from KIC’s past

BoddaH1994

A little backstory: KIC wanted to keep costs low for attendees and Comp USA stepped up in a big way. They were able to fund the buffet lunch and extra staffing for ERT. 

The family shown on the lanyard were The Schiaffos. They had won KIC's "Father's Day Fun Post" contest here on KIC the year prior. Not sure if Steve or any of his family members still post here, he eventually took a job in his home state of New Jersey and now works in the drone industry after years of being a film producer.

Wonderful memories.

Edit: The "Stardate" was put in place because it was rumored that Paramount's former Star Trek The Experience was going to be relocated to KI's picnic grove. Cedar Fair had extended licensing use for this attraction, but the park's track record of maintaining themed experiences was called into question. The announcement was going to be exclusive to KIC event visitors, but was called off at the last minute. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

A little backstory: KIC wanted to keep costs low for attendees and Comp USA stepped up in a big way. They were able to fund the buffet lunch and extra staffing for ERT. 

The family shown on the lanyard were The Schiaffos. They had won KIC's "Father's Day Fun Post" contest here on KIC the year prior. Not sure if Steve or any of his family members still post here, he eventually took a job in his home state of New Jersey and now works in the drone industry after years of being a film producer.

Wonderful memories.

Edit: The "Stardate" was put in place because it was rumored that Paramount's former Star Trek The Experience was going to be relocated to KI's picnic grove. Cedar Fair had extended licensing use for this attraction, but the park's track record of maintaining themed experiences was called into question. The announcement was going to be exclusive to KIC event visitors, but was called off at the last minute. 

I just remember your lanyards creating so much excitement that one member threatened you with physical violence. :D

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Here is my photo album of this event on photobucket for those that would like to see the pics. This was an awesome event and still talk about it to this day. It will even be mentioned on the next podcast coming out this week. 

http://s683.photobucket.com/user/perdueb24/library/KIC day 6-15-13

Very cool! 

Is the KIC photo gallery ever going to be repaired?  I know there was some linkage issues when I left the staff.  There were some fond memories of KIC events in those galleries, as well as some photos that would be considered history now.

8 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Very cool! 

Is the KIC photo gallery ever going to be repaired?  I know there was some linkage issues when I left the staff.  There were some fond memories of KIC events in those galleries, as well as some photos that would be considered history now.

Those definitely need some work. That might need to be our off season project.