Future plans for Firehawk's station discussion

Codyfryguy

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

Where is this wine and cheese bar they speak of?

Originally it was in the north skyride building which was located to the left of the AE entrance. And maybe now, in the Firehawk station (per Chad), :P it’s more likely that the Firehawk station will become a haunt for a minute or two.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, upstop said:

Originally it was in the north skyride building which was located to the left of the AE entrance. And maybe now, in the Firehawk station (per Chad), :P it’s more likely that the Firehawk station will become a haunt for a minute or two.

Good to know! RE: a Haunt maze, maybe Chaos will be expanded to have an outdoor portion that uses Firehawk's station next year, and then go backstage to go into the building like normal. One can dream...

• Like 3

On 10/27/2018 at 2:40 PM, Codyfryguy said:

Yet another tweet from Kings Islands PR team hinting to the future of the site...

I think its interesting that they're bringing this to people's attention on their main page, as opposed to Don or Chad tweeting about it on their own twitter pages. I think the go to would be a Haunt attraction since its certainly big enough. One could also assume that it'll be recycled for the B&M project, with a bit of tweaking of course. This makes me wonder if they'll recycle the station and the que for a new ride.

• Like 2

I was thinking about the station possibly being used for a haunt when waiting for my final ride yesterday. It would be a very big area for a haunt. They would have to work around the stairs right in the middle of the station.  If the next project back there would work without removing this station I see them keeping it.

• Like 3

Which gift shop was used for the Skyride? 

And where can I find this Wine and Cheese Salad Bar? Is that something that's no longer with the park or have I been oblivious to my chances to sip a fine red wine before riding Mystic Timbers this entire time?

*raises glass to the ride photo*

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Which gift shop was used for the Skyride? 

And where can I find this Wine and Cheese Salad Bar? Is that something that's no longer with the park or have I been oblivious to my chances to sip a fine red wine before riding Mystic Timbers this entire time?

*raises glass to the ride photo*

The Snoopy Boutique was the gift shop the referred to.

• Like 2

On October 29, 2018 at 3:23 PM, teenageninja said:

The Snoopy Boutique was the gift shop the referred to.

I just found there's wine at the Bier Garten. I rarely stop there, so I never knew. But that isn't the Wine & Cheese Salad bar the tweet refers to, is it? 

EDIT: Scratch that, I missed upstop's post.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2018 at 10:30 PM, upstop said:

Just to add specifics, after the Skyride was closed, the (North) Octoberfest station was used as a "Wine & Cheese/Salad Bar for the 1980, '81, & '82 seasons.  It was demolished in 1983 in preparation for King Cobra.

The Octoberfest Skyride station was located exactly where the entrance to the KC loop was... and is currently where the base of the first drop of Banshee is located.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Shaggy said:

Just to add specifics, after the Skyride was closed, the (North) Octoberfest station was used as a "Wine & Cheese/Salad Bar for the 1980, '81, & '82 seasons.  It was demolished in 1983 in preparation for King Cobra.

The Octoberfest Skyride station was located exactly where the entrance to the KC loop was... and is currently where the base of the first drop of Banshee is located.

LionCountrySafariOktoberfest%281975%29.j

• Like 3

Here's an idea: If it's not being used for a coaster, perhaps it could be used for another restaurant; the station could be the main building and the former queue line could be a dining area... providing spectacular views of the giga!

-MDMC, providing some food for thought ;)

• Like 4