Future plans for Firehawk's station discussion

Codyfryguy

The more I think about it (pertaining to 2019), I believe this particular construction project will be pretty difficult to get construction photos of.  Even from ET, that area is blocked by the FoF building and due to the distance away from the tower, it won't be easy getting detailed shots from there.  For reference, Banshee's construction was much closer to the ET and with Mystic Timbers, you at least had the train to take photos from.  Depending on how well they cover the area with the fence, it'll be even harder.  

I imagine WindSeeker will be ridden a lot by enthusiasts next season, though, even from there is tough with how fast it spins and by the time it stops, its too low to really see X-Base.  

• Like 3

Disclaimer: In case someone has any of this equipment, please abide by all FAA regulations and don't forget Drones are prohibited. 

All drones (Unmanned Aerial Systems) are prohibited at (in) all Cedar Fair parks, including Kings Island, and any unauthorized drone(s) observed over Kings Island will be reported to the FAA and local law enforcement, regardless of its point of origin or operation. Drones may pose a potential safety risk and may violate Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/help/frequently-asked-questions

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Mystic1017 said:

Looking at the concept pictures of GCI's new dueling coaster. I personally think that would fit well and be able to utilize Firehawks station. 

But we already have The Racer and Mystic Timbers. Personally if GCI returns, I would love to see a Ghostrider style treatment of The Racer; same layout but new wood track and new trains.

However, an RMC topper track woodie would be cool to see implemented.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2018 at 12:49 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Is it now?

You do have a point.........

Any utilization of Firehawks station would benifit thet park weither it be a gift shop or a Haunt maze or a new ride. The way I see it, the park would have more success with the station if they expanded X-base to go either to Action Zone of end out at the upper end of Coney Mall. That way, X base becomes its own area of the park and there is room for more rides.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok... time for a little speculation. Since this area is “X-Base” the section is geared towards military “training and experimentation “ what could the theme be? Does anyone have a picture of the sign pointing at X-Base from Coney mall that they would like to post here? The sign says a few things that could point towards some ideas about what might be replacing Firehawk.

• Like 1

Ok... time for a little speculation. Since this area is “X-Base” the section is geared towards military “training and experimentation “ what could the theme be? Does anyone have a picture of the sign pointing at X-Base from Coney mall that they would like to post here? The sign says a few things that could point towards some ideas about what might be replacing Firehawk.

Yeah here is a photo 8f41dd6dd29d02b2494e2c3cf11ed54d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, anything is possible, for a price.  Coaster stations generally aren`t set up to be converted into restrooms.  While there likely is a water supply out to the building (for hose bibbs), there very likely is no sanitary line out to the building.  Depending how close the nearest sanitary line is, it might not be feasible to extend it out. By the time all is said and done, if a restroom is planned in that area, it would likely be cheaper to build a new one from scratch verses trying to convert a building (coaster station or otherwise) into restrooms.

I agree that it would be nice to have restrooms back by Flight of Fear.  Hopefully, a set of restrooms is included with any future improvements in that area.

• Like 2

On January 1, 2019 at 12:03 PM, upstop said:

I still think this would fit just fine in X-Base.

That would be perfect! My father took me on it in 1996. Eisner made some bad decisions (an understatement to say the least), and his alleged initial concept of bringing Ridley Scott's Alien to WDW was definitely a weird one.* But it eventually led to, in my opinion, an amazingly unique (and scary) experience.

*Although ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter ended up with an original story, the more famous Alien ended up in The Great Movie Ride at Disney's MGM Studios. 

• Like 1

Eh just because it is dual loading now doesn’t mean it has to remain that way.  With very little modification, they could use the second side as a train storage area ala Storm Chaser which used to have “dual loading” as it was two sided. Would likely just put up a wall there to close off the other side .

• Like 2

Given how big the station is and if its converted to a queue house, you could really go all out in theming, something a la Flight of Fear even.  Given 2020 might give us a giga, something of that level would go pretty well with something like that.  

• Like 1