Future plans for Firehawk's station discussion

Codyfryguy

15 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Does Storm Chaser not load both sides anymore? 

To clarify, I was talking about Twisted Twins when referring to loading on both sides.  Storm Chaser, as jtro pointed out only ever loaded on one side of the station.  I mentioned it because like Firehawk, it used to load on both sides and had central exit stairs.

• Like 2

Storm Chaser only has one side to load from since it received its Rocky Mountain conversion (it used to be two separate coasters).  I think you might be thinking of Storm Runner at Hershey (the Intamin launch coaster), that when I rode it back in 2011 was utilizing both sides for loading the trains.

• Like 1

^ Im taking about Storm Chaser when it was Twisted Twins, although it was never true “dual loading” its station layout was practically identical to Firehawks prior to its conversion.  Once Firehawk is gone, you could build a racing coaster like Twisted Twins if you wanted.  The design of both stations would allow for either a split loading scenario or a dueling scenario, depending on the ride installed.

Edit: I feel like you may not have been talking to me lol

12 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I personally think it'll be a haunt attraction 

I am not sure how I feel about this. It's nice going into Wolf Pack and somewhat reliving the past. At the same time, I find I hate seeing more and more buildings sitting vacant and tacky the majority of the year only to be used as mazes two months in the year. Some of the mazes are fairly underwhelming. Personally, I'd rather they repurpose and go all out with those venues instead of adding more. 

On 1/5/2019 at 7:25 AM, Joshua said:

I am not sure how I feel about this. It's nice going into Wolf Pack and somewhat reliving the past. At the same time, I find I hate seeing more and more buildings sitting vacant and tacky the majority of the year only to be used as mazes two months in the year. Some of the mazes are fairly underwhelming. Personally, I'd rather they repurpose and go all out with those venues instead of adding more. 

It gets to be too much like real life. Tons of unused buildings everywhere, right next to where they're building brand new buildings. Or is that just in Indianapolis? LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

It gets to be too much like real life. Tons of unused buildings everywhere, right next to where they're building brand new buildings. Or is that just in Indianapolis? LOL

Ha, very true! I'm reminded of that Talking Heads song, "Flowers."

"This was a Pizza Hut! Now it's covered with daisies. You got it, you got it."

Until I came across this tread the only thought I had was that the station would just be demolished along with the ride. But I'm sure with some alterations the building could be repurposed. At this point, I feel like the most obvious choice would be a new haunt. 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

Did the park map in the app look like this last year for the X-base portion of the park? I didnt think it did but I could be wrong

52b9eb184d759afeb962e13f1d698e17.jpg

Very odd. If you've ever worked at KI or been on a backstage tour, you'd know that's exactly how the backstage roads in that area are laid out.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Codyfryguy said:

Did the park map in the app look like this last year for the X-base portion of the park? I didnt think it did but I could be wrong

The map used by the app has many errors if you look closely. Diamondback's layout is wrong and White Water Canyon apparently dumps you into a pond.

KingsIsland-VenueMap-V2-min.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Centurion has been a rumored name for a while. There is also the Gigasaur name from years ago (which I do not like that name). 

I've wondered what people would "actually" call Centurion if that's the name.  Seems like 2 syllables is the limit for normal conversation.

Examples:

Backlot Stunt Coaster = Backlot

Mystic Timbers = Mystic

Flight of Fear = FOF (pronounced "Fauf")

Kings Mills Antique Autos will be Antique Cars for a minute until it is shortened to 'Tiques. 

I know Diamondback is an exception.  Maybe some people call it "DB" but I haven't really heard that in regular speech.  Centurion is a bit of a mouthful so it would be interesting to see what people actually call it, if not just spitting out Centurion. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I've wondered what people would "actually" call Centurion if that's the name.  Seems like 2 syllables is the limit for normal conversation.

Examples:

Backlot Stunt Coaster = Backlot

Mystic Timbers = Mystic

Flight of Fear = FOF (pronounced "Fauf")

Kings Mills Antique Autos will be Antique Cars for a minute until it is shortened to 'Tiques. 

I know Diamondback is an exception.  Maybe some people call it "DB" but I haven't really heard that in regular speech.  Centurion is a bit of a mouthful so it would be interesting to see what people actually call it, if not just spitting out Centurion. 

I think people will do what they do with Diamondback and Banshee where they just say the whole name. Or they could shorten it to Centauri.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2019 at 2:51 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Centurion has been a rumored name for a while. There is also the Gigasaur name from years ago (which I do not like that name). 

When Carowinds teased Fury 325, they said that they were getting a roller coaster called Centurion, but at the announcement they said it would be called Fury 325.