The fate of Vortex

PKIguy14

• 17 years later...

Little did 2003 KIC know that they had nothing to worry about as there were still 16 more years for them to enjoy Vortex. Not to mention, Vortex was only 16 years old and people were already worried about its future?!

While there is nothing wrong with speculation, I prefer to not worry or think a lot about a ride’s future because that undermines my enjoyment of that ride in the present. :) 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

Little did 2003 KIC know that they had nothing to worry about as there were still 16 more years for them to enjoy Vortex. Not to mention, Vortex was only 16 years old and people were already worried about its future?!

While there is nothing wrong with speculation, I prefer to not worry or think a lot about a ride’s future because that undermines my enjoyment of that ride in the present. :) 

Just as a curiosity, VortexBFF, what is your current favorite ride at the park now that Vortex is gone?

On 1/20/2021 at 4:19 PM, WhatTheBlazes said:

Just as a curiosity, VortexBFF, what is your current favorite ride at the park now that Vortex is gone?

I have multiple other favorites for various reasons, but Orion has already proven itself as a favorite. I started working in maintenance as it was being built and I got to put sound equipment on it, so basically I helped build Orion! I had wished for a B&M giga to come to KI for some time, so Orion was literally a wish come true. When I felt sad over Vortex's demo, I could look over at Orion and see what was new, and watching its test cycles was a reminder to me (and later a lot of us) that things were going to be all right. Orion became so special to me even before it opened.

As for other favorites, I have a soft spot for WindSeeker (the ride I worked along with Vortex and my most-ridden active ride), Diamondback (got me over fears of height and speed), and Invertigo (another ride I think is overhated) among others.

• Like 9

On 1/21/2021 at 10:47 PM, VortexBFForever said:

I have multiple other favorites for various reasons, but Orion has already proven itself as a favorite. I started working in maintenance as it was being built and I got to put sound equipment on it, so basically I helped build Orion! I had wished for a B&M giga to come to KI for some time, so Orion was literally a wish come true. When I felt sad over Vortex's demo, I could look over at Orion and see what was new, and watching its test cycles was a reminder to me (and later a lot of us) that things were going to be all right. Orion became so special to me even before it opened.

As for other favorites, I have a soft spot for WindSeeker (the ride I worked along with Vortex and my most-ridden active ride), Diamondback (got me over fears of height and speed), and Invertigo (another ride I think is overhated) among others.

I did not know that you got to help on Orion beofre it opened!  That had to have been an awesome experience  :)  I appreciate your response and can tell how much the park means to you.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...