2005 Poll

monkeyman

since there are so many rumors of 2005 coasters, what do you think PKI will get. and remember, this isn't a "what do want," but it is a "what do you think" poll.

Also, if you think there will be an Other type of coaster, please vote for what you think is the most probable of the above, and please tell me what the "other" is

please post an opinion for everyone to see

Monkeyman

Edited by monkeyman

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, since paramount seems to like giving parks the same type of ride, and it is rumored that PKD will get a floorless, i think a 2005 floorless is a major possibilty, although a BM flying coaster is close 2nd, i'm not sure PKI will want to go with a BM, so the floorless might be an arrow or SS, but hopefully a BM

As far as i know, B&M is the only company that has currently produced a floorless coaster. I know that Setpoint (the creators of the Flying Super Saturator at Carowinds) had developed what they call a Seizmic coaster. The trains ride on the side of the rail so that there is no track above or below you. Instead it is to the side. Also, as an added benefit, Setpoint claims that it is a racing coaster. If PKI doesn`t go the Intamin or B&M route, I think that one of those rides would be cool. Not sure about how the loading platforms would work, but having a racing coaster could help capacity incredibly.

Not sure about how the loading platforms would work

I rode X at SFMM which does the same thing, seats to the side of the track, and this is how it's set up. The station is twice as long, so when the train pulls in it stops, lets everyone out, then moves to the other end of the station and lets everyone in. When the queue line gets to the station, the line breaks into two lines, one for each side of the train. You get in and have fun! Here's a pic I took of the loading station at X:

user posted image

You can see the heads of the people on the other side waiting to get on.

Very good point. As far as I know, Arrow hasn`t put out any new coasters since X, right? S&S`s last steel coaster was Dodonpa in Japan, right? It might be time that they release a new coaster. However, after the problems the park had with Son of Beast, IU highly doubt that we`ll see a prototype ride from a manufacturer, such as a possible floorless from arrow. but you never know what Paramount`s Kings Island has up there sleeves for the future.

I too would like to see a H-B Land expansion...but in all reality Hanna-Barbera Land will shrink in size as Nickelodeon Central expands. PKI added more Nickelodeon characters this year, but removed all H-B characters except for Scooby Doo. I think in the coming years we will see H-B rides disappear or get re-themed as Nickelodeon.

I honestly think that in the genuine PKI fashion of Go Big, Or Go Home, we will see something awesome. I am thinking flyer, before I think they would look at putting in a floorless. Look at how many PKI parks are getting flyers this year, no matter even if one of the flyers looks like it belongs in the kiddie area. I think we will be the park to get the new custom flyer, not some used one.

WoW a Giga is winning. There is no way pki would add a giga, its not really their style. Plus their neighbors up north, Cedar Point, have the world's greatest coaster (Millennium Force) and that is a giga, so they don't want to compete with it. I would love it if they did though. I think we will get a beemer, most likely a floorless.

I think that you could be surprised. I am putting my money on a Giga. The last two big rides the park has put have had their problems, TRTR and SOB. They need something big and reliable to make up for it. PKI has put in record breakers before. There is no reason why they wouldn't do it again.

Despite me wanting a giga, I think it's going to be a B&M floorless or speed coaster. How about a floorless speedcoaster? Kinda innovative, can be super tall (200+ ft.), plus it should be reliable and cost effective. Hopefully, they're aiming to build something taller the SOB. My vote goes to the floorless.

As long as its a new, major (not a shuttle like Face Off and has a lift of over a 100 feet), fast and smotth coaster I will be happy. I really don`t car if it is an Intamin, B&M or other manufacturer just as long as it is a fun thrilling ride. Also, I hope they don`t take out any rides to put it in. I wander if the announcement in March will have anything to do with a possible addition of a coaster in 2005.

It will not be a flyer I will tell u that. A conversation with Jeff Siebert earlier this year tells me it not going to be flyer but I am positive a good size coasters is coming.

Unless he actually came out and told you thats not what we a re getting, I wouldn't rely on anything said by anyone at PKI. They will do whatever it takes to keep something under wraps, and lead everyone off on some tangent to get your mind away from what you think it is. I am sure they are used to doing that by now. It also wouldn't surprise me if any one there has a psych degree and is good enough at their job to get you to doubt yourself. I am sure they know what is going in for 2005, but I think they will say anything to keep it under wraps, including lying their faces off.

With Jeff Siebert, anything that he mentions about a future attraction that is not announced yet needs to be taken with a grain of salt. He could purposely mislead people to get them talking about the park or to cover up what is actually being built. For example, the final Beast rides of the year in 2002 he hinted at the clearings by The Beast and Son of Beast and said "Hmmmm" Nothing ever happened to those as far as new attractions go, but he achieved his goal, which was to get people talking about PKI. This is free publicity for the park, and in fact this entire site is free publicity for the park. Unless the park officially anounced that their next coaster is not a flyer, I wouln`t necesarrily believe him.

Beastfreak is trying to get every one worked up about the 05 ride going near The Beast, or maybe he is trying to state a fact, The Beast will, for the first time, be able to be seen from a ride wink.gif

Thats not what is going on. This stems from a discussion this past summer or maybe even spring when they cleared out a bunch of brush and debris from around the base of The Beast. Everyone thought they were gonna put something in there, but they never did. I believe as the season went on, brush and weeds and crap started growing down there again. I think its just a ply to get everyone talking about something that is not going to have anything happen to it. Its almost like the same deal, when some people including myself noticed a large area cleared behind the TR:TR building. It appeared that there was something large, square, and about 100x100ft in size, about 2 feet tall and covered in black plastic. We talked about it for around a week, and finally found out what it was. GUESS WHAT, not a new ride, just the racks for the nightly launching of fireworks.

Weren`t those racks for the large fireworks extravaganza known as Night of Fire? I remember that in 2002, they shot off fireworks from the normal location, from the Eiffel Tower and from behind Tomb Raider. This past season, they cut back on Nights of Fire, and they only shot them off from the normal spot and the Eiffel Tower.

As I've stated before, our hopes of a flyer went out the window with the Paramount transplant to Carowinds.

How do you figure? I figure them giving it to another park is all the better for us. How many Hand-me-down rides has PKI gotten...............NONE! I think they are set on putting new rides into PKI, rides that are designed for the park, not some old rides moved from other Paramount Parks. A definite plus for PKI. They always get new custom designed rides, not transplants