2005 Poll

monkeyman

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, big deal. Every year is a big anticipation year for a coaster. These past few years especially. But, hey, as I sit here and type this. I reflect on these past three years and I recall all the new "attractions" PKI has put in, in place of that new coaster we all been wanting. It makes me almost want that new coaster, just so we can get it out of the way and put in something more original.

Just think how much the anticipation would gro if we had to wait another year? Besides, would you rather wait an extra year and get one world class coaster, or have the park rush things and build one in 2005 that is not world class? I don`t know if they are building a coaster in 2005, (I hope they are) but I will be happy with whatever the park decides to do.

You really think that anticipation would grow more if PKI held off the coaster until next year? If that's true, they might as well just never build a new one! That way, we'd be soooo excited about getting one in the year 2017, it would be CRAZY.

PKI is NOT going to "rush things" to build a non-world-class coaster. From the park's experience, I think no matter what they build from now on, they will do TONS of research before paying...notice what happened to SOB? I think that really gave the park a good backhand to the face.

Whatever we get for 2005, I have no doubt that it's going to be of very high quality. Even as I think about it, Delirium and Tomb Raider seem to have been holding up to the elements very well. Huss is a good company and PKI did their homework when they researched into those rides.

(...gets off of soapbox...)

I can't wait to see what we get, because I'm sure it's going to be a great ride (whether it's a coaster or flat ride) that will be very rerideable and very reliable.

Edited by fryler87

Besides, would you rather wait an extra year and get one world class coaster, or have the park rush things and build one in 2005 that is not world class?

uhh... 2005 is still a ways off. Who says they haven't already started talking with a coaster company and planning a world class ride for 2005. Seeing as how B&M and Intamin were both rumored to have been in the park last year some time... I believe they already started looking at what they want. They aren't going to decide tomorrow... I think I want to put in a coaster and do it. If we're getting one.. its most likely already in the works at some stage.

newbie here although i am a vetern at Kings Island (season pass holder for 11 years) i belive that we maybe getting some sort of floorless that seems to be the trend with what people are saying also, i have heard of construction in between Adventure Express and The Racer right behind the new ladder game. But i hope its something big ive been waiting for a while for a new coaster and i agree with pki punk any coaster is a good coaster

I agree with PKI Punk, if we are getting something large for next year, we should start to at least see spraypaint on the ground for a new coaster. A large coaster cannot be built in a few months - sometimes it takes a good year to get one finished. I imagine that with the terrain at the park, there is a very slim change we'll be getting a clone. I think it's a custom to boot.

Customs take a while to build, and when you have hills and valleys, it just adds to the building process (or so I assume). If King's Island is going to have a 200+ foot coaster standing in the park for 2005, I can almost bet we'll be able to watch at least the beginning of the construction process continue on opening day. It's just a matter of time.

newbie here although i am a vetern at Kings Island (season pass holder for 11 years) i belive that we maybe getting some sort of floorless that seems to be the trend with what people are saying also, i have heard of construction in between Adventure Express and The Racer right behind the new ladder game. But i hope its something big ive been waiting for a while for a new coaster and i agree with pki punk any coaster is a good coaster

Now, welcome... however I gotta disagree with certain points.

Floorless... eh it could be... but gut feeling says no, though I can't back that up so who knows.

The other.. construction between AE and Racer???? Right behind the ladder game??? Right behind the ladder game is... a queue line, a road, and then AE itself. Doesn't leave much room to build anything. Now if you're talking about the small open aread between Racer, AE, and FoF... That'd just be a stupid place to put a station.. if that is what you are thinking. Unless its elevated there's almost no way to have a brake run into the station, the station itself, and a way to turn or go straight into a lift hill.. or even a launch. Plus the only way to get people to it would be to build a bridge up over Racer or part of the FoF building. Now if it was to be some sort of turn around or helix in that area.. that is feasible.

The other.. construction between AE and Racer???? Right behind the ladder game??? Right behind the ladder game is... a queue line, a road, and then AE itself. Doesn't leave much room to build anything. Now if you're talking about the small open aread between Racer, AE, and FoF... That'd just be a stupid place to put a station.. if that is what you are thinking. Unless its elevated there's almost no way to have a brake run into the station, the station itself, and a way to turn or go straight into a lift hill.. or even a launch. Plus the only way to get people to it would be to build a bridge up over Racer or part of the FoF building. Now if it was to be some sort of turn around or helix in that area.. that is feasible.

Although I partially agree, with modern engineering, you can do almost anything these days. If the park really saw to it, I'm sure they could put the station underneath the spaghetti bowl of Flight of Fear.

I wouldn't doubt anything at this point. Until we see spray paint marks, concrete footers or supports going up, none of us really know what may be happening.

At this point in time, we don`t even know if they are adding a new roller coaster in 2005. For all we know, they could be adding a new Huss ride in Coney Mall and another attraction in Nick Central/Hanna Barbera Land. However, I do think that 2005 might be big year for the park. But I don`t know anything more than the other guy. We will all just have to wait and see what, if anything, the March announcement (if it even occurs) discloses.

I still say it's gonna be a giga. I'd put all my money on it! biggrin.gif

Then your going to be broke.

The truth is spoken. I'll bet that PKI WON'T be getting a Giga as their next coaster. If we do get a major ride, it's probably going to be something around 200 ft. tall, depending on the coaster type (floorless, sit-down, invert, etc.). An Addams Family Coaster as small ride package would be a sweet deal.

A lot of people think PKI will get both The Italian Job roller coaster and the Addams Family coaster, I think we will be lucky if we get ONE!

I personally would like to see the Addams Family roller coater. The pictures look awesome. blink.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Italian Job theming would be tough to incorporate into the park. If

PKI gets a big coaster, I personally do not think that it will be themed.

But who knows, from what I have heard, PKI is trying to become a "theme"

park.

If a theme comes the parks way, I would bet it is the Addams Family, but I

won't put any money on it just yet.

If PKI is going to become a "theme park", it needs to lean how to serve its customers. When I go to PKI I feel like a needle in a hay stack. Disney World sets a good example for PKI and if PKI wants to become a theme park, it needs to make its customers feel special. I personally do not see them improving in that area, so in their best interest, they should stay an amusement park. They are good at building thrill rides and big coasters, they should stick with that. Before Paramount purchased Kings Island, they provided a much higher level of customer service and offered more services to make your day more enjoyable even though they were an amusement park. If you look at this site http://pkiconnect.tripod.com/1974_Park_Guide.htm this information is pre Paramount You can see that they even provided a service that would take all your items you purchased through out the day and hold them till you decided to leave. Just little services like that made your day much less stressful and enjoyable.

–adam12