2005 Poll

monkeyman

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They moved Stealth out of a WEST coast park. California is by no means midwest.

But if you want to go on the midwest aspect... Six Flags Worlds of Adventure, in Ohio, has this ride already. Plus, they got that ride becuase Paramount sold it to them after they decided they didn't like the way Stealth was going. They didn't want to put it in PKI then, so why would they put it in PKI now?

Edited by beastfreak

They didn't want to put it in PKI then, so why would they put it in PKI now?

how can you say for sure, that they didn't want to put it in PKI then? Is this a fact? Maybe at the time, they wanted to do something else for PKI. Time changes everything. Just because something wasn't feasible a couple of years ago, does not mean that it is not feasible now, or popular now for that matter. I think that every year things change. And just because one year they looked at something and decided, well thats not really for us right now, does not mean that they will not look again at the same thing for some future expansion.

From what I hear. They had already purchased two more flying coasters, one for PKI and I think for Kings Dominion. Then sold them to Six Flags because they didn't want them.

You don't just say, "Hey I've bought this ride but I don't like it this year... so I'll sell it to someone else." Then a few years later go, "I like that ride I sold them I want one of my own now"

From what I hear. They had already purchased two more flying coasters, one for PKI and I think for Kings Dominion. Then sold them to Six Flags because they didn't want them.

You don't just say, "Hey I've bought this ride but I don't like it this year... so I'll sell it to someone else." Then a few years later go, "I like that ride I sold them I want one of my own now"

thats not what I was saying. You could go by the trending over time and determine what is popular. Just because at one point in time they bought something and then decided they didn't want it, does not mean that they will not eventually get it. For all we know, they could have bought several of those Zamperla so-called fliers, and decided not to put them in, for which I would applaud the management. Maybe they are wanting something big. Not to mention, a lot of what has been said in these past few posts is based on hearsay. And we all know what happens when you combine hearsay and what you assume.........

Can't really remember where I read this, but Stealth still had one of the longest lines in the park.  So, I don't think you can say that they removed it due to unpopularity.

They removed Stealth for land for the new Water Park.

Edited by WildCat

• 3 weeks later...

Its Been said that PGA Most Likely will Get Scooby's Doo Haunted Manison In 2005

But be on another Note i think Pki will get a huge Steel...in my eyes in makes kinda sense...Because i think they are kinda lacking in The steel Coaster department .... i think PKi will get a Flyer

Edited by Scooby_Doo

I personally think a 275 ft. tall B&M speed coaster will be coming in 2005, 2006 will bring a NC expansion, 2007 will bring a new flat ride, and 2008 will be the year of the Intamin rocket coaster.

Does anyone else think so?

~Monkeyman~

I think that you have WAY too much time on your hands if you consiously think about these things.

so the floorless might be an arrow or SS, but hopefully a BM

sorry. it's just funny to see you put "BM" cause it makes me think of poop. i believe the commonly used acronym is B&M. hehe. no biggy but it made me laugh.

LOL! I haven't laughed that hard in awhile! laugh.gif

Edited by AZ Kinda Guy

• 3 weeks later...

Aren't all inverted coasters floorless? biggrin.gif Maybe I was told wrong, but in all of the times I've ridden Raptor or Face Off or even Runaway Reptar, I don't recall a floor being on any of them. Maybe you're think of a floorless suspended? Some coaster out there that is/was an Arrow Suspended got new floorless cars...that would be cool to see on something like Top Gun. It won't happen, but anyone can have a dream.

I'll still stick to my guns and say something either B&M or Intamin...something that you sit down on/in and either has a floor or none at all (what are the choices? wink.gif ). The track will be below your feet and the coaster will most likely reconfigure the PKI skyline.

Edited by fryler87

I don`t know if PKI will add a floorless coaster since there is one located to the north at SFWoA. I do think that 2005 we MIGHT see a major new steel coaster from either Intamin or B&M. I wonder if the March announcement will have anything to do with the 2005 addition or a possible addition later in the year, aka Winterfest. Only two more months until March!

My vote went toward Inverted. blink.gif

Take out the antique cars and build an inverted coaster

there and out over the little lake/ravine. This has been

my original idea since last season when I noticed that the

line for the antique cars was extremely long and that the

one side of antique cars is not even being used. It looks

like crap over there. blink.gif

They could connect both tracks, make the ride longer, and

relocate it to the back of the park. blink.gif

First of all, if a ride had a long line, that usually means it is popular and would not be a wise attraction to pull. While it would be neat to combine the two antique car tracks, I don`t know if that is possible without having to do a lot of work. Secondly, if they relocate the ride, they would have to make a new track so the combining of the used and unused track would be pointless.

Now, they could still put a steel coaster back by the lake. They could have the station on the former site of Saltwater Circus, the lift hill toward TRTR or LaRosas and then have the track over the pond, back by Wings, and toward Oscar`s the employee cafeteria by International Showplace. If there isn`t enough room there, I`m sure there is roomby Adventure Express, and Flight of Fear. They could build a ride with a station in the triangle between those two rides and The Racer, and then have the track go over AE and out toward SoB. But none of PKI`s coaster corss over each other, so they`ll probably put it on the other side of The Racer back by the FX theater. I also remember hearing a rumor about putting in a coaster back by White Water Canyon, with the station in the woods, and the track heading out towards the clearing by TRTR and the woods back there by the train tracks. The rumor I hear was that the line for the new coaster would share at least part of WWC`s queue line. Of course, there are probably other places the park could develope a coaster. But they might not even be adding a coaster in 2005 so my entire essay I just typed in my post might be a waist of my time!

Placing a coaster back by White Water Canyon would be a plus in my book. Not even I ever thought of that as an option. As I recall from riding the train and WWC itself, that area back there is very densely wooded and would make great terraing as long as the park didn't take out too many trees.

Edited by fryler87

PKI could pull of something REALLY good in more boring terrain if they added smooth flowing tunnels...that is if they put tunnels in the terrain that looked like they would have been there no matter what. For every coaster problem, engineers and architects have a solution.