Great Wolf during Winterfest Season

WhatTheBlazes

I was hoping to get some thoughts about a potential visit to Winterfest this year with my Kiddos.  Living a couple of hours away, I'd prefer to stay the night near the park.  I was thinking of perhaps combining that trip with a Stay at Great Wolf, maybe do their waterpark during the day, and even let my son bring some friends along as sort of a birthday party and go to Winterfest that Evening.  With that being said, has anybody stayed at Great Wolf in December?  I was doing some preliminary looking into cost and the site I was on was saying that a stay on Dec 8th (Saturday) Was going to be $629 for 2 adults and 4 kids 11 and under.  Does this sound like the normal cost for a room there this time of year for 6 people?  I could just about get everyone in the Group a KI Goldpass for that much.  

Does Great Wolf do their own Christmas themed event?

Hello. Yes many of us on here have stayed at great Wolf in December before. Every year for the last five years, there has been a holiday party that we’ve done usually the first or second weekend in December. This year however, due to Winterfest and other people having activities that month, we are probably going to do it the first weekend in January. Great wolf does a special event during the holidays called Snowland. They decorate the lodge and have all kinds of activities going on. You can check their website for more details on that and room rates. I’d definitely recommend staying there especially if you have young kids. It’s definitely very convenient being right next-door to the park. Hope this helps you get started!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great wolf is expensive...
Especially in the winter (as people seek indoor entertainment)...
Especially on weekends (we people are available).

You can often get deals on week nights... But rarely weekends.

You could just do a night there.. And then mix in another hotel and other indoor activities during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1